Patch testing for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missxnaomi

Reaction score
Hi please can someone confirm the correct way to patch test. I was taught to apply 4 lashes to each eye but have heard that others apply glue to the back of the ear? I’m not sure which is the correct way.

I was trained for behind the ear.

This seems odd tho as the glue is not meant to touch the skin?

I was also trained to put the glue behind the ear but also got told that you should apply extensions to the lashes like 3 or 4! Will be interesting to see what other people do

Adhesive should NEVER touch the skin! By patch testing on skin you might be causing a reaction which does not resemble the actual application. Likewise your client might not react to the fumes (which is the main reason for any reaction) if you patch test behind the skin or on the arm.
Stick to your training as that was correct. Simply apply a bit of each product you are using to a couple of natural lashes and make a note on the client record card which product has been applied where so that you can pinpoint the culprit if any reaction occurs

I did I a lash course last week and was told to apply a few lashes the same length and the clients lashes 24-48 hrs before, the glue hasn’t to touch the skin

Latest posts

Back