Patch testing tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Who patch tests their clients for eyebrow tint/eyelsash tint every single time 48 hours prior to their appointment?
NOT just the first time but EVERY time?
This is now required by most brands who state you must follow the manufacturers guidlines otherwise you are not insured!

Scary, but I'd love to know how many of you are doing this, every therapist I know doesn't

Thanks
Elle

I don't. I use Refectocil and as per their box instructions testing is required prior to the first treatment then once every 6 months. My insurers ABT simply state that I must follow manufacturers guidelines.

I don't. I use Refectocil and as per their box instructions testing is required prior to the first treatment then once every 6 months. My insurers ABT simply state that I must follow manufacturers guidelines.
apparantly refectocil have changed there guidelines and they too require a patch test EVERY time!
I spoke to HD Brows earlier and they require a patch test EVERY time!
it's just crazy for clients and for us therspists!

I'm mobile so I've dropped tinting - it's just not viable

I'm mobile so I've dropped tinting - it's just not viable
so you obviously have come across this issue?!
I think a lot of therapists will drop it too x

apparantly refectocil have changed there guidelines and they too require a patch test EVERY time!
Well the box I have, which isn't that old, states otherwise however if they've changed their directions I do so few tints that I will happily remove it from my service menu :)

Anyone else?
This is a big deal for any therpists who use tint

I saw this in a magazine... no patch test needed

Sorry forgot pic

Attachments

• 1436118180862.jpg
    1436118180862.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 206
Oh I will be looking into this one [emoji6] thanks IBUK

Interesting. It sounds very similar to semi permanent hair colour which sits on the outside of the cuticle and is generally considered very safe.

Most salons don't bother patch testing for a semi hair colour but I have had unpleasant reactions to a few fashion colour semi's so you can't assume no-one will ever have a reaction just because you don't have to patch test. I'd recommend you still err on the side of caution if you have someone who has had a reaction to brow tints or hair colour previously.

Have ordered some. Only 2 colours but sure will reduce number of clients have to turn away for no patch test.

Here's another that was in the magazine. Not a tint... but again no patch test

https://www.lashperfect.co.uk/LoLa-Brows

I have used the new Marvel Brow & lash tint. I have used it on brows & lashes and it's very good. You only use a very small amount and it's clear on application of colour, but when you apply the developer it immediately goes very dark-a little scary when using it for the first time! Very quick and I've had great results. Would recommend testing on those who are sensitive or had issues with products previously.

I would of assumed that a tint course would cover this, however, the insurance companies are being so specific these days (callus peel anyone?) that you can't assume anything and have to double check.

I saw this in a magazine... no patch test needed
Mine has come today can't wait to try it. As a mobile therapist will save me so much bother!

Latest posts

Back