patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only problem with patch testing is that although its on the skin (lets say behind ear or crease of arm - these are more sensitive areas) the test is NOT on the eyes, the very area that the client could have a reaction....
I sometimes wonder if the client could be absoloutely ok in the patch test but have a major reaction to the eyes. Then what?

Are we still covered by insurance if this happens?

Just a thought.
I know that my insurance covers me as long as I have carried out a tint test 24 hours prior.

This is what I was taught at college and as long as we follow our guidelines then we are safe.It is when people deviate from their training that problems arise.HTH,if in doubt ring your own insurance,they are all different and have different guidelines.I know my insurance guidelines and am happy with them.

My only problem with patch testing is that although its on the skin (lets say behind ear or crease of arm - these are more sensitive areas) the test is NOT on the eyes, the very area that the client could have a reaction....
I sometimes wonder if the client could be absoloutely ok in the patch test but have a major reaction to the eyes. Then what?

Are we still covered by insurance if this happens?

Just a thought.

I think it's more a case of minimising the risks. I also offer permanent makeup and you patch test behind the ear also. When I had my inspection from my Environmental Health Officer she said that patch tests aren't 100% reliable. A client could have a sensitivity to the ingredients that may not show on the test, but when you use it on the treatment they can react to it as your body is now prepared to fight the ingredients that it doesn't like .... a bit like over exposure if you like, one day you can be fine, and the next you have a reaction.

But I always always patch test, it's just not worth the risk and you know you've tried your best to be professional (and remain within your insurance requirements)

Latest posts

Back