Payroll & HR Queries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

i was just wondering, those of you who employ people, do you outsource your payroll and if so to who? Also if you have any queries about for example holiday allowances or just general HR queries, who do you direct them to?

I currently outsource the payroll to a local bookkeeper at the moment and it's becoming more trouble than it's worth so need to find a new person.

Thanks

I have an accountant who does my books every quarter, I submit my bi-monthly acoounts and she just keeps the records and helps with end of year. Its my poorest subject, I'd love to be tax savvy!
My partner helps alot and together we read all the info on the revenue site and follow that. its worked well so far had 2 girls who started and left so been through setting them up to p45's. Its not that hard if you read all the info, you can call the revenue TBH thats all your accountant does anyway they just know which form is for what and are excellent at maths :wink2:

You can also get software that practically does it for you

Yes I do have someone do my payroll for me. Check with your accountant, mine has a department who deal with payroll and they're there all the time to ask any questions and update on any changes necessary. I wouldn't be without them I think I would struggle especially with Tax/Holidays/Sickness and Maternity issues otherwise. It shouldn't be too expensive.

Diane

I use a free payroll i downloaded from the internet it is endorsed by HMRC and it is great. I have upgraded to an annual charge which allows me to submit returns online and get more usage out of the system. As for advice about holidays etc, try HMRC, ACAS and other bodies who set the rules - they are free.

I always do my own payroll, once you get the knack it is really easy. It takes me and hour or two every month (we pay monthly) to do everything required. If you call the Inland Revenue thy will send you the cd rom that you need, once you have set up the information on it, it is very simple and will save you paying a middleman, which has to be good.:lol:

It will also do your year-end forms and submissions for paye too!

Those who do your own payroll. How do you do your payslips? Might sound silly but do you buy a payslip book or just make them up yourself on the computer?

I do my own payroll and like Fiona use the cd rom HMRC sent me when I first registered as an employer.

At the moment I make up my own payslips on the computer as I currently pay my staff weekly, and so would need loads. But next month I'm going to start paying them monthly, so will look out for some 'proper' ones

HTHs xx

The free payroll package i use does all the payslips for you. Put 'free payroll' into a search on t'internet and see what you find.

Latest posts

Back