Pedicure advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billymiff

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm very new to all this, although I have completed loads of CND courses ( Brisa, L&P, colour blending, Spa mani/pedi) I'm still very nervous. I have finally Completed a room in my house where I'm gonna work from, so I'm all set up and ready to go.
I have a lady coming tonight who's nails I've been doing (shes really pleased with them) for a pedicure. My question is whats involved in a basic pedicure? I remember all the steps to the spa pedicure but I don't think she wants a Spa one for time reasons. I'm so nervous......I've been reading posts that mention rasps and I do have one but I'm feeling I don't know what to do..... sorry guys I really need a confidence boot up the butt. Step by step would be good thanks x x

i would first check feet for condition and contra indications
then soak
then exfoliate
then cuticle work
cuticle cream
soak
cuticle remover
hoofstick
cuticle nippers
mask
massage squeak nails
base coat
varnish
and top coat

with mine i do:
consultation blah blah, sanitising spray and check with gloves on for contras
Then i file/trim etc nails
soak for 5 mins
cuticle work
rasp on hard skin areas then smooth over with a lower grade file
exfoliator over feet, toes, legs
rinse
moisterise with massage (keep one leg in towel so not to get cold)
clean nail plate
polish

Firstly....take a deep breath you'll be fine!

It just simply a spa pedicure with some of the spa taken out!

First spray feet with a sanitiser and check for any contra-indications.

Soak feet in pedi-spa with usual foot soak.
Remove one foot at a time, exfoliate, return to water, and remove exfoliator with your hands.
Remove one foot at a time, apply cuticle away and remove cuticle, same with other foot, return to water to remove cuticle away.
Take both feet out and dry.
Gently rasp/buff any dry skin. (Don't worry to if its too much! you are not necessarily trying to remove it all, just smooth it out so skin feels soft).
File & shape nails.
(You can then add in a leg and foot massage, but if she doesn't have time)...
Remove the shine from the nails with a 240 grit file. Dehydrate and polish.
Apply solar oil.

Simple mini pedi, lovely

Hope this helps x

Two other technicians replied in the time it took me to type mine! Isn't it funny how eveyone does it differently:)

hey

I do the following:

consultation, check for contra indications etc etc
cut and file nails
soak
scrub
soak
rasp
mask
massage
squeek nails
base coat
colour
top coat

xxx

thank you all
What does squeek nails mean?
cheers Clare

Squeek = wipe the nails over with nail polish remover to remove the grease/oil from the massage otherwise your nail polish has nothing to grip to

xx

Squeek = wipe the nails over with nail polish remover to remove the grease/oil from the massage otherwise your nail polish has nothing to grip to

xx

I wouldn't advise putting nail polish on top of nail polish remover?

Remove shine and dehydrate them with your scrubfresh.

Remember you have conditioned the cuticles with your massage oil/lotion so be careful just to dehdrate the nail with a little scrubfresh.

Never had trouble doing it that way , and also shown this way on the jessica trainig!

xx

Ok well iv got some scrub fresh at home so will give it a try thanks

xx

Ok well iv got some scrub fresh at home so will give it a try thanks

xx

No probs.

I recommended Scrubfresh to Clare because thats what she's already using, but as said in the other thread, any good quality dehydrator will do. If Jessica have one, then use that. Mundo also do an excellent one.

Hi squeeking is when you use either acetone or scrub fresh to remove all oils from the nail plate. Helps the polish to stay put for
longer. X x

Latest posts

Back