Pedicure Procedures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
I am really interested in hearing how others do a pedicure..
Can the experts post a step by step on how they do and what they use
to do a pedi..
I wasn't going to go into feet but it seems that feet may be a real goer here..

Hope To Read some steps .....

Have you done a pedicure course?

There is already loads of info on pedicure procedures on the site. Have asearch and you will find plenty.

Why don't you book yourself on the Spa Mani/Pedi course - or one of the equivqlent with other companies - you will have real fun and experience what it feels like as well :green: The kit is included - which means that you basically get the training for free xxx

H! Have you been out of the nail business for a while? Have you not done pedicures at college? Sorry! Have you had private nail tuition or college tuition, as i did college tuition and now do my own technique by using the nail encyclopeadia books and went on an LCN private spa training which was brill as you really do have a fun day and learn lots of ideas from other colleagues.:)

Yes I have done the full course but was keen to know other ideas others have...
Just wanted to know also if anyone uses a lotion that smells yummy whilst doing a pedi...I use to use a lotion called cookies and cream and the clients always used to comment about the smell......
But the cream is not available now......I have written a letter to the company asking if they can supply it to me directly but have had no reply yet....Usually they will only supply to departments stores here as I was told.:cry:

HI

After examining the feet for contra-indications (goes without saying) I would do the following.

• soak the feet
  • remove the polish
  • scrub / exfoliate / hard skin removal on 1st foot - back in bowl
  • scrub / exfoliate / hard skin removal on 2nd foot - back in bowl
  • pat dry 1st foot and smooth remaining rough / hard skin with a 240 grit file. Clip toe nails / file to shape, wipe away any dust and apply cream / serum / lotion / massage oil (which ever you would normally work with) massage foot / leg as trained and then wrap foot from ball of foot (leaving toes exposed) to ankle in cling film. squeak nails and Apply cuticle remover and allow it to get to work while you
  • Repeat this procedure to the 2nd foot.
  • cuticle work on 1st foot - remove product and apply toe seperators (keep cling film on.)
  • cuticle work on 2nd foot (as above).
  • apply polish (dehydrate nail plate, base coat, colour, top coat, art dry spray ect.
  • Leave seperators on and remove the cling film
  • make client hot drink of choice and remove seperators just before she leaves
I was taught very differently to this at college and have picked up different methods from various techs. This is my current method - no doubt it`ll change - especially once I`ve read any other responses to this thread!!!!!:)

What's the cling film do?

1. soak feet
  2. (first foot) trim/file nails apply cuticle softener
  3. spray this foot with a callus softener and file
  4. apply opi soften lotion for any access dead skin
  5. wrap this foot tightly in a towel with all toes sticking out
  6. push back/trim cuticles
  7. remove towel and apply scrub pay close attention to the heels
  8. put this foot back in the water and do the other foot the same way
  9. take the first foot out and dry it then do ur massage (everyone's massage is different use that to ur advantage and be unique!)
  10. do the next foot and then polish
i really like the opi pedicure line even tho their scrub is a little rough for some people qutica is good too and a little cheaper... qutica also has really nice flavors!

1. soak feet (15 minutes)
2. remove polish
3. trim toenails
4. cuticle work
5. heel work
6. exfoliate with scrub
7. hot towels to remove scrub
8. massage
9. mask
10. hot towels to remove mask
11. polish toes

Huberella,

How long does it take you to do a pedi?

We book 1 1/2 hrs.. sometimes it takes a little less.

Latest posts

Back