Pedicure right before a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautIsh

Reaction score
I have been booked for a mum2be baby shower present for a pedicure followed by a spray tan now know I won't be able to do the scrub and the cream but I was thinking I could use the barrier cream instead? Am I forgetting to cut out any other bits please 😊

Personally I wouldn't offer these treatments together.

Id have offered either file & polish or gel/gel polish toes & tan.

Xx

Hi - me either. There would be too much product on the feet which is likely to cause a barrier for the tan solution. What about offering a half body - upper part?

I agree that the two shouldn't be done on the same day. You could ask if they would prefer a file and polish, preferably shellac or gel polish. If it isn't too near their due date, they could have hands and feet.

Otherwise she could have the pedicure a couple of days earlier x

Do the sray tan and the just do a quick file and varnish

I would do it personally but just avoid product going above ankle by adapting massage to just include the foot explaining to the client why I'm not going up their leg. Maybe others will disagree but have never had a problem. Have done this loads of times and always turned out fine, if they had a polish just made sure it was touch dry then applied a Vaseline barrier over the polish to protect it from spray tan, or if it's gel polish just make sure I wipe it immediately after.

Latest posts

Back