Pedicures...5mm thick toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
Hi to all GEEKS.

My question is about thick toe nails.

I sometimes have clents that have the odd toe nail or two that is very thick and hard.
In college I was told to just buff slightly.
I am so tempted to file them down.
In the place that I'm doing work experience; they just leave it alone.
Which is correct way?

I just filed my husband's big, thick (sticking up in the air) toenail down. I'll report back what happens. He said he did it to himself before and it grew back flat. You best ask a foot doctor...or try researching on the web. (I just did a web search by going to google and typing in "thick toenails" and came up with lots of hits!)

Last edited:
Be careful there is no infection such as onchomycosis. Remember we are nail therapists not chiropodists. Toenails often go thick because of infection.

Discuss it with your tutor if you are unsure during training, ask her why you have been told to leave them.

Hth's

Be careful there is no infection such as onchomycosis. Remember we are nail therapists not chiropodists. Toenails often go thick because of infection.

Discuss it with your tutor if you are unsure during training, ask her why you have been told to leave them.

Hth's

Absolutely right advice ... thinning down like you require is the job of a chiropodist.

People with these problems should see a chiropodist FIRST and then come to you for the pretty stuff.

Latest posts

Back