Pedicures - Heated Booties and Paraffin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeautie

Reaction score
Hi everyone....

Just a couple of questions about doing luxury treatments during a pedicure.
I bought a Paraffin Wax Heater although I am struggling a bit to use it. It has to be turned up fully high for the wax to melt quickly, but then it is obviously way too hot to apply to the feet. If I wait for it to cool down, it will set before I can apply it. Ive also tried turning the heater down lower so its not as hot when I first take it out, but if I do this it just starts to set again :irked: Any tips??
Next thing..... Heated Booties. I apply the foot mask, then wrap the feet in cling film and put into booties. However, I struggle to get the feet into the booties and the cling film always ends up popping at their toes, so then they feel the heat is too hot and have to take it out. I do have some proper plastic bag things which came with the booties, they are stronger than cling film but they still pop when I am putting the feet in :irked:

Any suggestions would be great, any tips on how you do your luxury treatments would also be gratefully received :green:

Thanks xx

You are obviously putting too much pressure on the bags or cling film when putting the feet into the booties. I never have this problem.

I put the temperature of my wax high until it melts then put it at a lower temperature which is ideal for the client.

Always test the temperature of the wax on your client before applying and always check the temperature of the booties is comfortable for your client. HTHs x

Thanks for your reply. I always try to be so careful and push the booties on really carefully and slowly, but it always happens. I may just give up using them!! :cry:
As for the wax, what temp do you turn yours down to?

Thanks x

I found it easier to heat the wax up, then halfway through the pedi, use a ladle-type thing to put wax into a metal bowl (covered in clingfilm, so you're not scraping wax from the bowl forever and a day afterwards) - the metal retains the heat so it doesn't harden as quickly but the fact it's not in the heater lets it cool somewhat.

And as said earlier, test the wax on yourself before going near a client with it.

Latest posts

Back