Pedicures on a beauty couch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serendipity

Reaction score
Hi can any one tell me exactly how they do the pedi's on the bed i usually sit them in a chair but I'm short of space so i want to use the bed! I get the basics but i soak exfoliate then rinse this would mean bowl up bowl down bowl up, well you get the point! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have them sit in a chair soak and exfoliate with your scrub. Then wrap each foot with a towel to look like bootie on their foot. Then they can walk over to the bed. I then do all my cuticle and callus removal. I do not put the feet back in the water. If I think the feet need to be wiped a I take a warm towel and wipe them off before I apply cream for the heels and massage.

I have them sit in a chair soak and exfoliate with your scrub. Then wrap each foot with a towel to look like bootie on their foot. Then they can walk over to the bed. I then do all my cuticle and callus removal. I do not put the feet back in the water. If I think the feet need to be wiped a I take a warm towel and wipe them off before I apply cream for the heels and massage.

If I'm not mistaken, it sounds like she's short on chairs so that wouldn't be an option... right?

I would have them sit at the edge of the bed to use the bowl, and once I'm done I'd have them scoot back and bend their knees a little so that their feet are at the edge of the bed.

I can't work off a beauty couch. it may be comfortable for the client but is sure isn't for me and I am the one doing the service. For me it's got to be a chair and if you have room (even if it is not much) I would stick to that for your own convenience.

I had a pedicure done like this and i found it quite uncomfortable as a client as it hurt my back.

I had to sit on the couch and she placed the bowl at the bottom of the bed. I had to put my knees up so my feet were flat in the bowl.

When she needed to do anything I had to move my foot to the side of the bowl. She never moved it until she had finished with it.

She also placed a heat pad under my back which was a nice touch. I dont know if she had a small bowl or a large couch but I seemed to manage to put one foot to the side and have room for the bowl.

hth a bit :)

lisa

I had one done like this on holiday last year. They had the couch back up so i was sitting up straight, she used a knee bolster (or i suppose you could use a pillow or two and she had a foot spa that she transferred from a trolly to the end of the table, i have to admit it was very comfortable, i really enjoyed it and then she took the spa away and painted etc. Was lovely:)

Thanks guys I will give one of my friends a pedi on the bed to see how it goes!

I have just had a move around in the room and it feels soo much bigger now it might have solved my problem! fingers crossed :lol:

Latest posts

Back