pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkBlonde

Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of pedicures vary quite a bit, and I am trying to think of ways to improve mine. So I was wondering what do you all do in a standard pedicure and what order do you do it in?

Also, how many pedicures do you offer (e.g. mini, standard, deluxe, etc) and what are the differences between them?

Thanks!
xxXxx

Bronze ; cuticale care , shaping and polish/oil buff

silver ; same as ubove but moisture pack ,foot bath foot massage , hard skin work ,foot scrub ( not that order lol ) cuecumber heel theropy or sea sirum if needed ,

gold same as ubove and heated bootys , foot and leg massage ,foot masque , longer scrub / massage and pinky solar oil or mini cuecumber heel theropy to take home .

i offer
- file and paint (exactly that lol) good for inbetween pedicures if they need a different colour for an outfit.. or if people bit low on cash but fancy a pick me up
- standard pedicure which is file and shape, cuticle work, scrub, foot spa, massage and paint
- luxury ped which is exactly the same as above but adding paraffin wax and booties or adding a serum treatment and heated booties

hope this helps hunni

Jen x

Thanks everyone, this is a huge help!
Mrsjones, your treatments sound lovely! It took me ages to read them all! I have always wanted one of those vegas waxes, but I'm too scared to expose my lady bits! lol :D

The order I have been thinking of doing my deluxe pedicures is:
hygiene spray
soak
exfoliate
foot mask / paraffin wax with heated booties
foot file/rasp
massage
cuticle work
polish
refreshing foot spray
Is this the way most people do it?
And I was thinking for a mini pedi:
spray
soak
exfoliate
file/rasp
polish
spray
and a standard:
spray
soak
exfoliate
mask (without booties)
cuticle work
polish
spray

What do you guys think?

Thanks everyone, this is a huge help!
Mrsjones, your treatments sound lovely! It took me ages to read them all! I have always wanted one of those vegas waxes, but I'm too scared to expose my lady bits! lol :D

The order I have been thinking of doing my deluxe pedicures is:
hygiene spray
soak
exfoliate
foot mask / paraffin wax with heated booties
foot file/rasp
massage
cuticle work
polish
refreshing foot spray
Is this the way most people do it?
And I was thinking for a mini pedi:
spray
soak
exfoliate
file/rasp
polish
spray
and a standard:
spray
soak
exfoliate
mask (without booties)
cuticle work
polish
spray

What do you guys think?

no, that seems quite backwards. this is the order i've learned in many different places of education:

check foot/nails for contraindications
foot spray
soak
foot file
cuticle work
exfoliate
massage
paraffin with booties
nail polish remover to dehydrate nails
polish
quick dry spray

foot filing after doing a paraffin is totally redundant, you're just hydrating dead skin you want to take off anyways. you want to exfoliate AFTER you file the foot to smooth out the skin and you want to do cuticle work soon after soaking so that they're still moist and easy to work with.

it's not absolutely set in stone, but is that what you learned in school? it seems very odd.

Thanks! I'm not sure if thats exactly how I learnt in college, but it won't be far off. I did think it may be different to how most people do them, thats why I was a bit unsure of it.

Pedicures are definately not my strong point, I've not done many since leaving college, so I want to get a good routine and practice as much as I can so that I can improve them.

Everyones advice is much appreciated, thanks for all the help!

Can't wait til I can add Minx to my manis & pedis! :D

xxXxx

i was taught to do them like this...........

soak feet in foot spa with foot soak for 5 mins
remove polish
file nails
cuticle work (which involves firstly a cuticle massage cream and then soak and then a cuticle remover cream, push back and clip cuticles then soak again)
exfoliate ( to remove some of hard skin that has softened from the soak)
buff and file hard skin
massage
wipe nail with polish remover again
then polish
( if wanted a bootie parrafin wax treatment then do that after you have removed the hard skin with foot file.):)

works well for me and my ladies re book on a monthly basis:)

Yer, that sounds a lot better than my order! Lol.

Just to add my two pence worth :)

I did Jessica training about a year ago and I do mine in roughly this order -

Check feet/nails
Disinfect spray
Remove polish
Rasp and buff off hard skin
Soak
Exfoliate
Massage
Cuticle work
Apply foot cream again
Cleanse nail (for polish)
Paint

That's roughly what they taught me, knowing me I've probably changed it round a bit! But that's what I would call my basic pedicure, luxury is the same but with heated bootys and an extra exfoliate.

Jessica teach you to remove hard skin BEFORE you soak because you're more likely to remove too much hard skin when the feet are wet.

Hope that helps!
Natalie x

I'm very curious as to why you ladies are exfoliating before you file callus.

I use the rough side of the paddle, then the softer side, and then when I exfoliate, it makes everything perfectly smooth.

Doesn't it seem kind of moot to do it before? It also seems you guys are repeating a few steps, which I would think leads to greater product waste and more time. Can any of you explain why you're doing this? I'm really curious.

I file the hard skin with a double sided rasp (Jessica recommended) and the Jessica electrical rasp, which is a small cone headed 'rasp' which they do to just lightly buff away any hard skin that won't shift and to smooth out the skin.

The way I perform my pedicures are the way I was taught at the Jessica training school. I guess that's the way they've always taught their students

I file the hard skin with a double sided rasp (Jessica recommended) and the Jessica electrical rasp, which is a small cone headed 'rasp' which they do to just lightly buff away any hard skin that won't shift and to smooth out the skin.

The way I perform my pedicures are the way I was taught at the Jessica training school. I guess that's the way they've always taught their students

yeh, I wasn't really directing it at you, sorry. I guess I should have specified whom I was speaking to LOL :smack:

My pedicures are just not that good at the mo due to not having done many. I finished college about 2 years ago, and just practice my treatments at home on family as much as I can so that I don't forget it all. But seeing as I have not done a lot of pedicures, I have forgotten the order.

One thing I always do is to remove the nail polish at the very start of treatment, so that I can see that the nail is healthy and has no condition or disorder that would prevent further treatment.

i offer:

toe nail cut and file
toe nail cut, file and polish
pedicure
luxury pedicure

for a normal pedi the order in which i do it is:

remove polish, check feet and nails
soak
cut and file toe nails
cutical work
hard skin removal (foot rasp/file)
exfoliate
massage
polish

if it was a luxury before massage i would pop feet in heated booties with lots of foot cream then go on with massage after that!

hope that helps x

p.s i find the main areas my clients are interested in a pedi is good removal of hard skin, neat cuticals and a neat polish job so these are the areas i would pay most attention to! x

Thanks! It has helped loads.

Yer, I do try and concentrate mostly on hard skin. My no1 guinnea pig at the minute has loads of hard skin. Its so satisfying to see them stroking their feet and smiling afterwards. That's when you know you've done a good job! :) lol

I'm very curious as to why you ladies are exfoliating before you file callus.

I use the rough side of the paddle, then the softer side, and then when I exfoliate, it makes everything perfectly smooth.

Doesn't it seem kind of moot to do it before? It also seems you guys are repeating a few steps, which I would think leads to greater product waste and more time. Can any of you explain why you're doing this? I'm really curious.

hey there. what is it that you think im repeating hun? the only thing that i do repeat is the nail varnish remover process, firstly to remove polish and then at the end to clean nail before i paint them. when i exfoliate the foot first before i foot file i find that the skin comes off easier and that way you dont have to rasp as much and i think that massaging a foot scrub into the feet is much more relaxing than being rasped, thats just why i do it, everyone different i susspose but that works for me.... :)

Latest posts

Back