peformance reviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charly

Reaction score
i am about to give my first preformance reviews as a boss, do any of you have them for your staff, if so what do you include/ask and if there are any of you that are given them by your boss, what do you think of them, do you think they are succesful. Any advice would be a big help. thank you as always xxx:rolleyes:

i am about to give my first preformance reviews as a boss, do any of you have them for your staff, if so what do you include/ask and if there are any of you that are given them by your boss, what do you think of them, do you think they are succesful. Any advice would be a big help. thank you as always xxx:rolleyes:

Hey Charly -
We have a 'sheet' that has a list of things and then you grade them from poor to excellent. Things to look for:

Timings; interaction with work colleagues; dress code; customer interaction; sick days; job perfprmance overall (these are me trying to remember); job knowledge... arghhh there are more but can't think of them. sorry but hope this helps!

As far as things you might want to ask them on the day, I would include things such as;

If they are having any problems at work you should know about
If they feel they have a good team / support system around them at work
If there is any training they would like to do (If you are in a £ position to provide it)
How they feel they have perfomed over the past year.

:hug:

As far as things you might want to ask them on the day, I would include things such as;

If they are having any problems at work you should know about
If they feel they have a good team / support system around them at work
If there is any training they would like to do (If you are in a £ position to provide it)
How they feel they have perfomed over the past year.

:hug:

Thank yuo Skymark - I knew there was more!!

You should also discuss targets and aspirations for the year to come in essence a SWOT analysis

S = Strengths
W = Weaknesses
O = Opportunities
T - Threats

So that the appraisal process is not a one way street, it is also useful to gain feedback from your staff as to what you/the business can do to assist in their plans for growth.

Also remember your employees targets should be :

S - specific, significant, stretching
M - measurable, meaningful, motivational
A - agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented
R - realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented
T - time-based, timely, tangible, trackable

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back