Percentage Renters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
Looking for some help Geeks

Does anyone rent space on a % of income basis ?
Do you gain comission for retailing products in the salon?

I am looking to subrent to another nail tech and think a % basis might be fairer for both of us. I want to provide all the products, towels, advertising etc. So basically her % would be only for her time as I am providing everything.
What is a fair % for this - what are you paying at the moment?
If you retail products what % comission do you get?

Many thanks in anticpation of your help - feel free to PM if you dont want everyone knowing
K xXx

Hi,
A while ago I took on a girl (just out of college) to help with busy days - waxing, manicures, facials etc. She was glad of the experience.
I supplied everything, products, towels etc and asked for 50 %
She wanted 60% - so I kept her for a few days on a very loose basis (ie I only called her if I was mobbed) but it soon struck me that it wasn't worth it on my part and i was almost doing her a favour. So that was the end of a lovely relationship...........however, I've kept her number and thought that I could use her when I go on holiday - rather than close the salon.

I think 40% or 50% if xyou are supplying everythingx

I pay 30% and I supply all my products. I do retail Solar oil, that is all at the moment.

I pay 20% at the minute. But I do supply all my own products but the salon owner supplies towels etc. I am looking at retailing of beauty products myself (which the owner is happy with) as she only retails nails and tanning products.

When I am up and running with my client base I will be on a flat weekly rate. but we have yet to negotiate what that will be.

When I worked for a salon we got 10% commission on anything we retailed.

i m planning on giving 15% to the hair salon i work in
if i could negociate 10% it would be better
but hmmm sounds hard

Thanks for the replies folks

Okay so maybe my idea isnt that hot, judging by the replies it seems that the % renters mainly supply their own products? Back to the drawing board.....

Thanks for the replies folks

Okay so maybe my idea isnt that hot, judging by the replies it seems that the % renters mainly supply their own products? Back to the drawing board.....

why dont you want to supply your own products.

Hi Theresa -
Like I said in my first post I am the employer and am looking to take someone on. I want to retain control over products/ towels etc. used to maintain standards and though working on a % would be beneficial for us both.
I assumed this was common practice but judging by the replies most space renters are responsible for their own products.
KxXx

Have you spoke to any potential nails techs out there.

You may be able to come to a comprimise about the products and a % rent that is acceptable to you both.

I presume that you are using CND products from your signature, so wouldnt it be easier just to look for a CND trained tech and let her use her own CND products???

Yep it would if there were any CND trained techs in my area, I am 4 1/2 hours from Glasgow/ Edinburgh - basically in the sticks - and there are no trained techs in my area.
I have a lady I am taking on who is sitting her FDFC at the end of the month. As you know starting your own business is v.expensive so though this might be an option - to work a percentage basis to encourage her to find clients without her having the outlay of buying her own stock.
KxXx

Latest posts

Back