Performance Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Nak

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have had all of my training with CND but it looks like using performance tips wasnt included in this. I do have some in my pack so just wandered how to use them. Do they butt straight up to the natural free edge, so that there is no lip.

I hope this question makes sense as I am struggling to explain it.

Thanks in advince.

Nicky x

Hi Geeks,

I have had all of my training with CND but it looks like using performance tips wasnt included in this. I do have some in my pack so just wandered how to use them. Do they butt straight up to the natural free edge, so that there is no lip.

I hope this question makes sense as I am struggling to explain it.

Thanks in advince.

Nicky x

Performance tips have no well and require little if no blending.

You place the tip onto the natural nail (at a 45° angle), roughly where the clients natural smile line is, but this all depends on the clients nails and what you are hoping to achieve, for eg. a nail biter wouldn't have a natural smile line, so you just have to ensure there is enough tip on the nail to get a hold, but not to place the tip halfway down the clients nail.

If I'm trying to lengthen the look of the natural nail with opaque powder, I like to have as little tip on the nail as possible so would place it just at the free edge, but normally if you place the tip just on or a tiny bit over the natural smile line, this works well. Then you just place your white l&p on top of the tip and you can use the smile line of the tip as a guide for your placement of white. HTH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back