Perm?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
http://www.asianhairandbeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/japanese_women_hairstyles_01.jpg

Here is a link to a picture of a haircut that is similar to mine, although my top layers are a little shorter, does anyone have experience of doing perms and can advise me, whether to wait until my top layers are much longer before having a perm.
I used to have perms years ago and am wondering instead of trying to tame my wavy/curly hair straight all the time if I should just go back to having a perm?

I think back then my hair was layered but think the top was much longer cant really remember. Would keep my fringe out tho and keep that straight and to the side.
Spiral perm or normal wind?
Any advise help please

Are perms finally really back 'in' then

Are perms finally really back 'in' then

I dont think they are "back in" as such but Im just thinking of working with my own natural hair, as Im struggling to cope with the straightening and blow drying all the time, I have just been out in the drizzle for half hour and I look like Ive been electrocuted, and will have to re wash and blow dry and straighten before I go out anywhere so for this reason Im getting fed up!!

Wanted some advice about perms and lengths really as Ive not had a perm in years! long curly hair in my opinion is gorgeous anyway, just not sure mine will work right now tho as the top layers are fairly short, hence my question.

I wonder if many stylists do perms these days or know different winding techniques like I was taught back in the day so I may end up going for consultations to find out who would have the best knowledge of perming etc.

Also once I have had a perm there is nothing stopping me occasionally blow drying straight and straightening for the odd time so Im seeing a win win situation for me but now I think I may have to wait till the layers are longer on top...gutted as I just had it chopped a few weeks ago and now may take 6 months to grow the layers down damn it!!

Have you considered having a Brazillian Keratin everlasting Blowdry, they will temporarily smooth your hair making it very easy to care for and minimal styling!!

i agree spiral perms are gorgeous , id wait a bit till the layers come down though otherwise may look a bit like captain hooks hair or one of the lonng wigs judges wear! Also it completely depends on your hairs strength and elasticity , some people with wavy hair find that after a while of straightening their hair they kind of get trapped into it all the hair doesnt want to go back wavy properly , more flyaway wayward and limp because it hasnt got the strength to go back up into a bounce or wave .
I just thought i missed someting , there has been quite a few questions about perming lately.

Hi, Paulette I love spiral perms too ,
the less colour the hair has had on it the better the perm will turn out.
if bleach or colur has been used in the past then always do some test pieces first :) minky

Hi, Paulette I love spiral perms too ,
the less colour the hair has had on it the better the perm will turn out.
if bleach or colur has been used in the past then always do some test pieces first :) minky

Yes this is another concern I have as you know there is bleach underneath the brown so I prob will wait till 1. The layers have grown down and 2. The bleach has nearly grown out, be 6 months I reckon!!

Thinking it may be the way to go tho, tbh I did my hair curly the other week and have done it curly before as its kinda curly when I diffuse it but never perfect! And everyone likes it better on me and I used to have permed hair many moons ago so It felt like "me" more if you know what I mean!!

I just think I can blow dry it out and straighten on occasions if I fancy a change from the perm but surely its got to be better for my hair to diffuse every other day rather than to blow dry and straighten?!

Latest posts

Back