Permanent French acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaomiV

Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary to do permanent French acrylic? Does anyone just do white tips? Permanent French is so time consuming and I find it difficult. Particularly refills I find it hard to get them neat. Do u drill ur smile line and fully remove the white? Or do u just take the whole lot back thin and add some more white and then clear or pink. I saw an nsi video that did it like this. Please help! Any tips on any of this are greatly appreciated.

I only now offer complete CND clear L&P (or Brisa Lite) and finish with CND Shellac or Gelish, whether it be french, or colour, or nail art. The colour/french can then be buffed off at rebalancing time and then only need to rebalance the clear.

Hope that makes sense! xx

I also do the same as Therealmrsgrey. Just so much easier!

Thankyou so much. Do u do it free hand? Or is there snother way to ensure the neatness? Or how do u fix smile line if needed

Thankyou so much. Do u do it free hand? Or is there snother way to ensure the neatness? Or how do u fix smile line if needed

I do freehand french, and if I need to, detail the smile line with a small gel brush dampened with a little IPA before curing xx

I do freehand french, and if I need to, detail the smile line with a small gel brush dampened with a little IPA before curing xx

Ditto again lol. I put a bit IPA on a plastic backed pad and keep it next to me and wipe my brush on that. Otherwise I find I flood the nail with the IPA. xx

I only now offer complete CND clear L&P (or Brisa Lite) and finish with CND Shellac or Gelish, whether it be french, or colour, or nail art. The colour/french can then be buffed off at rebalancing time and then only need to rebalance the clear.

Is the whole enhancement clear? Even the tips, or do you use natural ones? I'm assuming you never leave them unfinished?

Been considering doing the same! I suck at forever french, lol.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find it easier or quicker to cheat and use French tips with clear acrylic but I prefer having natural tips and acrylic French or sculpts it just looks nicer then the shellac but that just my personal opinion. Every client has their own preferences.!

The best nail artist is celiana rydon in my opinion she is a genius. I one day hope to be as talented as her!!

French is just practice or used to take me like 2 and half hours for French fill sometimes and now it's half that so just keep practicing !
And reverse sculpts gives a much nicer finish and it's actually easier but you might need to go for. Re fresher course to her new technique.
Just one day I think.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Is the whole enhancement clear? Even the tips, or do you use natural ones? I'm assuming you never leave them unfinished?

Been considering doing the same! I suck at forever french, lol.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use tips, so I would sculpt the whole nail in clear and refine and finish. Then I would do a base of Shellac (Negligee or Bare Chemise) then the french, then Shellac topcoat. Done!

xx

I do a bit of both on l&p and gel if it's a client that wants something different every time then I shellac the French tips. Shellac/gel polish is easier as you don't have the pressure of time, so you can create a perfect smile line. But if they always have French I do it the proper way. You do get a nicer finish when doing it with the l&p/gel as you get the depth if you get me.

I'll pop a few pics on when my son gives me my iPad back

thanks both of you :)

Hi hope this isn't too cheeky 'the real mrsgrey how much would you charge for brisa lite with french shellac? I've also got to soak off some acrylics first
Many thanks

Thanks so much for the tips ladies

I much prefer to do it with l&p with reverse technique. White tips annoy me as they have no smile line and I am super fussy about a deep smile line. I have attached a photo of a set I did by doing reverse (the dark french) and also a photo of tips when I first did my training (white french). The quality is just so much better when done by hand versus tips

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1403362674807.jpg
    1403362674807.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 1403362686938.jpg
    1403362686938.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 124
Hi hope this isn't too cheeky 'the real mrsgrey how much would you charge for brisa lite with french shellac? I've also got to soak off some acrylics first
Many thanks

Sorry, only just seen this!!!

I charge £34 for BL Sculpting with French finish Shellac xx

God I've often thought that's so much easier... i feel a bit of a cheat though :/

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

God I've often thought that's so much easier... i feel a bit of a cheat though :/

I just think of what's easier for me at rebalancing time!

It's a whole lot easier to rebalance a set of clear - buff of Shellac, reduce old product, apply new, done!

When I first qualified (10 years ago) I had no choice but to do pink & whites, but as soon as Shellac & gel polishes came on the horizon I was all over it!

I don't see it as cheating - you can create a gorgeous French finish (or any finish!) with Shellac (love to put a sparkly underneath like Grapefruit Sparkle or Silver VIP) and I think it gives a nice subtle look.

Or course if the client asks for permanent french, I'll do it, but I try and get them around to my way of thinking ;)

xx

Do you charge more for French than colour?

Latest posts

Back