Permanent goose bumps and sensitivity 2 weeks after leg wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
Hi there geeks,

I have had 2 sisters contacting me saying that their legs are covered in bumps like permanent goose bumps and are sensitive to touch and when they touch them it's it's like getting an electric shock? They both come in together for their full leg wax a couple of weeks ago and have been waxed by me before with no problems.

Anyone had this before or have and suggestions what it is and what can be done? Very grateful for any replies :) x

It seems strange that both are complaining of the same thing. I take it you used your normal wax etc and didn't change any of your pre or post wax products?

I would probably ask to see the legs, mainly out of curiosity but would advise they see their doctor if things don't improve.

If it were just one of them I would suggest that maybe the hairs got broken rather than pulled out or that their skin was dry and the regrowth was causing problems because of that. With both of them the same then it becomes a bit more strange.

I would ask, if they live together, if they have changed anything at home like washing powder/liquid/tabs or a new shower gel or moisturiser, as they are sisters they may both be allergic to the same things. Could also be a viral thingy I suppose. :|

Thank you for your reply. Yes they live together so could be other factors. One of them has the bumps, sensitivity and static shock feeling but the other just the sensitivity.
I haven't changed any of my products or procedures. Thinking back, the girl with the more problems did have shorter hair. I'm still confused about the static shock feeling :S

its like putting on a silky satin slip.... feels cold at first. maybe thats thier problem... its cold!

Have you had a look?
Do you think they're overreacting?
What wax do you use?

It may be a sensitivity to tea tree sometimes....just a thought. Im baffled! Static shock... xoxo

Maybe they're coming down with the flu and blaming the leg wax?! I had this years ago! Can't think what else it could be except regrowth..? X

Yes it's very odd, never had this before. I use strip wax. I explained that it may be the the hairs re growing. I just told them to go to doctors and let me know what they say. I haven't seen them. Be interesting to see what it is. Very strange!

I found this question because I googled looking for it. I had my legs waxed about 2 weeks ago. In the shower tonight my legs started to burn and I got goosebumps. Thought it was odd, but moved on. Well now I keep getting goosebumps and they still hurt! I keep seeing articles about shaving and ingrowns, but then I ran across this site with the exact same thing. Wish the answer was here too lol

Latest posts

Back