personal organizer help pretty please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FingerNailFixer

Reaction score
I am in serious need of a personal organizer and have been warned against the Palm line specifically the zire models. I have researched till my eyes hurt and nothing jumps out as perfect.It seems everything has some negative reviews so I am coming to you guys whom will use it in a mannar similar to myself to see if that makes a difference in the opinions! I need something well built I am clumsy so it needs to be able to withstand a bump or two and not crack if I look at it crosseyed. I want to keep it simple, I mainly want to organize with it for when I attend shows or teach and maybe have some input room to add details about events maybe directions and of course a place for contacts. I would not mind the MP3 capability but it is not a must.

I am currently leaning toward a Handspring Treo 90 Handheld, do any of you have experience with this one? Honestly I just like the style, everything seems so overwhelming at this point that I just started comparing my basic needs and the looks that I liked.

If you have any advice or models to stay away from I really could use some help! Thanks for your time!!!

Hi Holly,

I have a Zire and have used it for about 3 years. I only really use it as a diary - it is great for me as you can schedule everyone in for their two week slots and you can then see at a glance where everyone is. At busy times I can run off the month on paper to see what is happening.

I have it in a case so if I drop it, then it is reasonably safe LOL.

There are other bits on it for leaving notes to yourself, there is a calculator, games etc, it also has alarms that you can set as reminders.

I also downloaded the agendus software that everyone on Beautytech raves about but I am not sure what benefit it gives me LOL.

Price certainly was an issue for me at the time I bought it so maybe there are others out there that are now better for the same price.

Good luck with what you choose. Let us know.

I got the Palm Tungsten E..........................before that I had the Handspring Edge.............I can't fault any of them................ the handspring has a add on module , so you can use that for back up............. the palm has a memory card, but I can't seem to get the data onto the card............. but it is syncronised on my PC........

LOL it's a mine field aint it Holly................. just pick one that you like and has ease of use and does what you want it to do....................

love Ruth x

ruth how do you like the palmOne Tungsten E Handheld, the ability to transfer mapquest info would be a plus...have you had problems with battery life, a strange buzzing noise, or going wonky after the 90 day warranty?

fiona, congrats on your drawing win ;) which zire do you have, do you have synching problems or battery issues?

for both of you how was the customer service and ease of use?

Hi, I have the Handspring Treo and wouldn't be without it!!

It is excellent in terms of managing your diary and keeping your customer details stored on it. You can get your email on it while you are out & about so your business never suffers. the camera feature is very good, although the screen resolution isnt as good as say a nokia but when you transfer the pic to your pc it's perfect. Oh and it's got a 'touch dial pad' so you don't have to key in numbers you just touch them on the screen image which is perfect for people with long nails!!!

The best bit for me though has to be the Satalite Navagation program. One of the handsfree kits that they offer has a little attachment which converts your phone to enable navagation (you just download maps of the area you live in from the net) so, when you get a new customer just enter their street name on the phone, put it in the car kit, sellect 'go to' and the phone shows you a moving map of how to get there and even shouts out the directions to you if you want!! excellent. Plus they also work as MP3 players so you can store loads of CD's on them, you just buy memory cards for whatever capacity you want.

They have a new model which is due out after christmas which has some new features - i don't know exactly what they are but they must be good cause my husband has already ordered one! The only thing i would recommend though is if you do get a Handspring take out the insurance that comes with it cause we bought 3 of them and had problems with the mikes in two of them so they had to go back & be replaced (both of them belonged to boys so i don't know if its just them being careless with the phone though!!), which isnt a problem if there insured cause they send you a new one before taking the other one back. All in all i'd rate them as 10 out of 10.

Lou

FingerNailFixer said:
fiona, congrats on your drawing win ;) which zire do you have, do you have synching problems or battery issues?

for both of you how was the customer service and ease of use?

Thanks Holly,

I dont know what model I have - did not know there was more than one LOL. It does sound really basic compared to the other ones you guys are talking about. I mean - it doesn't even have a colour screen LOL.

I have no sync problems or battery probs. Customer service, I did not have to deal with them afterwards - bought it in an electrical store over here and it has been fine ever since.

Hi Holly, I have not had any problems with my palm Tungsten E...............Very easy to use and never needed customer services.................I use it every day for my client records and charge it probably once a month ...................
I had my Handspring for about 3 years and that's never let me down....... just fancied a change and a colour screen, so Richard got me the Tungsten for my birthday lol.............so I have used this since July and very pleased with it........

ok between here there and email Tungsten E it is, merry christmas to me from hubby lol..ordered it on christmas eve and it shipped today, thanks all for all of your advice it was greatly appreciated!!!

naturalnails said:
I also downloaded the agendus software that everyone on Beautytech raves about but I am not sure what benefit it gives me LOL.

Hi Fiona,

I too downloaded the Agendus software because of all the raves on Beauty Tech. It marries your address book to your date book. You can pull client information into any appointment, plus, you can pull up detail of all past appointments with a click of the screen. If you really want to use it to the max, you can enter in the service completed, price charged and color of polish they chose. You could pretty much eliminate record cards for that type of info.

Look around and play with it. The more you do, the more you will love Agendus. I had my Handspring for four years before I finally used it. I hated it until I got Agengus!

Latest posts

Back