petrissage: meaning??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beth92

Reaction score
hi,
ive just started college and we've been asked to find out the meaning of petrissage, could anyone tell me the correct meaning so that i can then re-phrase it into my own word's?? (you'd be a great help)

its a technique of massage to the scalp and hair whilst shampooing hope that helps

Petrissage is rhythmic lifting, rolling and kneading of the muscles during massage.

Oopps sorry.... I didn't notice it was for hair geeks.... :(

Last edited:
deep stimulating massage for, shampoo, conditioning and scalp tonics, to stimulate the scalp and reach a state of hyperimia

effleurage is a gentle stroking movement used when shampooing and conditioning, often combined with friction to thoroughly cleanse scalp and roots. . . petrissage is a slow deep circular movement made when massaging in condtioner or oil. . . this shud be the bit where u go ahhhhhh and relax at the backwash. . x

As others said, Petrissage is massage movements with applied pressure in which you deeply compress the underlying muscles. Kneading, wringing, skin rolling and pick-up-and-squeeze are the petrissage movements. They are all performed with the tips of the fingers and also the thumbs.In other words its the movements you make when shampooing hair, finger tips, circular firm movement, imagining you have a tennis ball held in the palm of your hands! Hope this helps!

Instead of expecting the geeks to tell you the answer, ask your new best friend, aka Google search engine :wink2:
Either that or use the search engine that we have here on the site.

http://www.salongeek.com/search.php

Latest posts

Back