PH Balancing Spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadiez

Reaction score
hello! I was just wondering if any of you use a PH balancing spray before tans and if son does it work? I am happy with the tans I am doing but it's my own I have a problem with. My neck always goes really patchy a couple of days after being sprayed so while the rest of my tan still looks great I end up having to scrub my neck which then looks White and weird compared to the rest! It's the same with whatever solution I use and whoever I get to spray it so it must be me. I am fairly new to spraying but all my tans have gone really well and I have had no problems so again, just me! just wondered if this spray would help.
Also has anyone tried the new GoTan tan remover? Sounds good but a bit pricey if it doesn't work!

Hi, We recently got the Versaspa and there was some prep-gel samples that came along with it.
We have never used this before.
My girfriend states that she never had a bedder spraytan than when she used the prep spray. (Using manual HVLP and Sienna X solution)
I had to test if it really works. So two days ago I started an experiment.

I used masking tape on my body and had the prep gel in a stripe over my front body to see if there would be any differnt results.

I was a bit supprised, I did not think it would have any effect at all.
But the color was instantly a bit deeper/darker over the prep gel.

I showered today, and its still darker over the prep gel.
Will update later in the week if the colour also last longer.

From my testing so far, there is actually a difference using ph balancer/prep gel.
(Only tried the versaspa retail oneso far)

hello! I was just wondering if any of you use a PH balancing spray before tans and if son does it work? I am happy with the tans I am doing but it's my own I have a problem with. My neck always goes really patchy a couple of days after being sprayed so while the rest of my tan still looks great I end up having to scrub my neck which then looks White and weird compared to the rest! It's the same with whatever solution I use and whoever I get to spray it so it must be me. I am fairly new to spraying but all my tans have gone really well and I have had no problems so again, just me! just wondered if this spray would help.
Also has anyone tried the new GoTan tan remover? Sounds good but a bit pricey if it doesn't work!

You will probably find this is caused by using purfume - as purfume is oil based it affects your tan. If you stopped using the purfume I bet your neck would last as well as the rest of your tan.

Purfume oils sinks into the skin and will still have an effect on the underlying skin layers days later so make sure to limit your purfume usage for long enough to see the effects - try just dabbing a small amount of purfume behind your ears to still smell sweet lol but it's an area that doesn't really get tanned so wont be affected in the way the rest of your neck would be.

Thanks Atlewee, I would be Interested to see if the tan lasts longer!
And Baggybear, you are a genius, why didn't i think of that! that probably is it as I haven't been wearing it the day before a tan but didn't realise that I should avoid it for several days, will try and see! good to know these things so if anyone comes back to me with a similar problem I will know why!
Xx

Putting anything oily onto a tan will affect it. So even after a few days it will affect your tan. If you can aviod using the purfume where it will be seen - spraying all accross your neck - and just dab a little behind your ears for the full life of the tan that should help to stop the patchyness that you have been suffering with.

The other option is to change your purfume to one that doesnt affect your tan as bad as the purume you've been using. I cant advise on which purfumes are better than others but I'm sure there will be geeks out there that can help with that.

Thanks Atlewee, I would be Interested to see if the tan lasts longer!
And Baggybear, you are a genius, why didn't i think of that! that probably is it as I haven't been wearing it the day before a tan but didn't realise that I should avoid it for several days, will try and see! good to know these things so if anyone comes back to me with a similar problem I will know why!
Xx

It seemed like it faded away at the same time as the rest of my tan.
Probably a bit better but not noticable.
I only tried it once, but will experiment some more.
But I will start using it myself and can recommend it because the color was much deeper right away. More like a wet look without beeing wet.
And it kept the color darker even after showering a couple of times.

Latest posts

Back