PHAB Professional & Customer Service EXAMS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phab

Reaction score
PHAB Standard Launches the first ever PHAB Professionalism & Customer Service Exam. Online, affordable and with instant results, these multiple choice exams are specifically written for salon professionals such as nail technicians, beauty therapists, salon/spa receptionists, hairdressers, colourists and barbers. Salon Managers can use these exams to recruit, appraise, evaluate, promote, induct. Useful at anytime during the life cycle of an employee. The PHAB Exams are being launced worldwide.
For further information on the PHAB exams visit www.phabstandard.com :idea:

Is there just one exam, or several in a series?

Also, do you receive a certificate if successful, or just the results sheet?

Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what PHAB does for us.
Other than provide a diploma (which we have to pay for), which in all likelihood, means nothing to the consumer.
Most don't even ask to see course diplomas, nor care about them.
Sorry to be a negative nelly, but I'm truly interested in raising standards and in setting myself apart from others.
I just don't see how PHAB would do that.

Other than provide a diploma (which we have to pay for), which in all likelihood, means nothing to the consumer.
Sorry to be a negative nelly, but I'm truly interested in raising standards and in setting myself apart from others.

I'm with you. I think in principle it is a great idea, but I'm just not sure how it is going to work at the moment.

There needs to be client awaress about PHAB ... they need to actively search for member salons. Also apart from it being featured on the front page here when Samantha became a board member I have not seen or heard anything about it.

I'm with you. I think in principle it is a great idea, but I'm just not sure how it is going to work at the moment.

There needs to be client awaress about PHAB ... they need to actively search for member salons. Also apart from it being featured on the front page here when Samantha became a board member I have not seen or heard anything about it.

I've seen sites like this crop up in the past.
They had good intentions, but nothing came of it. (OR they didn't and it was just a cash grab, who knows, they don't exist anymore)
I honestly fail to see how an online exam proves anything.
Anyone can tell a lie. Anyone can ask a friend to send an email to tell another lie, as a reference.
Who's inspecting the salons to see the truth of things?
Unless there's going to be inspections, sit down/supervised written exams & practical exams; I fail to see how having a PHAB standard proves anything.

That's like telling an aspiring nail tech " here's your online exam, now you're licensed and qualified to do nails" :rolleyes:

Have to agree. I looked into this earlier this year but didn't really see any advantages. You can be the best therapist in the world but if you don't get enough retail sales then you can't get a gold award. Some places just don't sell as much as others.
Also if you have to pay to get yourself an award then clients might think that a bit strange. Like you say though Victoria, clients won't have heard of it.
Not for me!

Latest posts

Back