Phorest software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of different threads on here about software and i have read through them all. I am looking for a software system that comes with Epos. Who is the best company to go for? I know this will vary between diffrent salons cirrcumstances etc. We are only a small business and i just dont know if i can justify the outlay? I know it will be worth it in the long wrong. If there any other companies similar or cheaper to Phorest? Has anyone had any problems with Phorest?

Many Thanks

You might be interested in checking out our software at YoureOnTime - Affordable and Easy to Use. We are an Aussie company but are in the process of launching in the UK. We have a 90 day free trial and 1000 free SMS's for marketing on signup. Would love your feedback.

Unisalons.com

Very affordable and designed specific for smal and medium size salons.
Cost???? only £70 one off.

Cheers:Love:

Im in exactly the same situation...ive had demos off practically everyone and quite frankly im confused!! Is there really the need to spend thousands on a system?!? I thought I was going to go for shortcuts as it did everything (and more) but then after a few hours thought decided I must be mad to pay that amount!! Just had a look at the YoureOnTime website and it looks pretty good...what is the set up cost? xx

tootsies, there is no set up cost for YoureOnTime. If you have data in an existing system we can load it for you and can give you a quote to do that, but it should be pretty cheap.

Regarding high cost of many systems, I believe that is an a result of legacy. If you look many of these systems they are from companies that have been around for quite some time. In this time they built up a large and expensive sales and support staff and systems. This was essential 10 or more years ago, but now everyone has the ability to get plenty of information from the internet and are happy getting support online, especially when it haves then thousands. But for these older companies to change is not easy.

Thank you for your replies! I know yeah it's so much money to pay out I had decided the other day I was going to get it and then I thought of all the other stuff I could do with that amount of money like re vamp etc. they are all fab systems x

Platinum Software is my first choice. They are very affordable, even let you have split payments if on a tight budget. More importantly, there are no hidden or ongoing costs, unlike many others...

It has all you will need. Customer database, diary, retail sales/stock control, emarketing/reminders, staff security if required...

I have used it for many years and the company themselves are always very friendly and helpful.

Their number if needed - 0845 680 0019

Just looking into updating my software as have outgrown my present system and have received poor service. I would love to know what everyone thinks - i need a system that monitors and helps with marketing...Had a meeting with Phorest last week was very impressed with it but huge set up AND ongoing cost which i was not expecting and I am trying to avoid more monthly costs

I did a blog post about what to look for when selecting software (yes, we provide software, but the article itself is generic):

Salon Software | Premier Spa and Salon Management Software - 12 Days of Christmas Day 5 - Five Gold Rings - Premier Blog

If you don't want to spend out on a system just yet, and don't necessarily want all the features available in a desktop product, it might be worth checking out Salonlite - The worlds first free online salon and spa management software. It's free, there's none of the usual "3 staff and 10 clients" type limitations, there's no catch.

Let me know how you get on :)

Hi Lublu,

StudioTracker salon software manages all your day to day salon activities in one easy to use system and will also improve your marketing with its sophisticated marketing campaigns built in to the system which will also allow you to track the response rate to your campaigns. StudioTracker offers numerous packages to suit salons small and large and has free support and updates so no ongoing monthly costs!

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back