Piggy Extension w/ Gel??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
Ack! I broke my piggy nail when I was putting my shoes on. I have very tiny nails to begin with so I was growing them out but I guess it got too long even with gel on.

Do you geeks think it's possible to sculpt my piggy with hard gel? Or would it just break off?

when you say hard gel are you referring too a buff off gel?
if so then why would you think it would just break off?
someone correct me if im wrong but a soft (soak off) gel is only used a an overlay and not used for sculpting or over tips therefore a hard gel is what you would need to use for this nail. :)

You could sculpt a new one with either gel or L&P, you would just need to be careful with it and keep it as dry as possible and make sure you keep an eye that it stays clean. I will only stay on as long as you take care of it!

when you say hard gel are you referring too a buff off gel?
if so then why would you think it would just break off?
someone correct me if im wrong but a soft (soak off) gel is only used a an overlay and not used for sculpting or over tips therefore a hard gel is what you would need to use for this nail. :)

Yes I meant buff off
I wear shoes that put pressure on my piggy so I feel that with my weight and pressure it might break off.

Actually I use both kinds to sculpt with depending on what the client's needs are, but yeah I don't think soak off would stay on my toe.

But anyways, I tried to do it the other day but I couldn't fit the form on properly and my back was killing me trying to tease the gel so it's not bumpy. It broke off when I tried to file it, so I just gave up. It's not too noticable, but I'll give it another shot next time :)

You could sculpt a new one with either gel or L&P, you would just need to be careful with it and keep it as dry as possible and make sure you keep an eye that it stays clean. I will only stay on as long as you take care of it!

I tried to sculpt it but it was horrible on my back! I gave up... hehe. I'm gonna wait for the other gel girl to come back from her vacation trip and have her do it for me

Latest posts

Back