Pink base blend, what's the trick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
So. Last night my friend spent 6 hours trying to achieve pink base blend.

We did on scalp bleach and ran through where my darker foils were.
Achieved a horrid yellow.
Toned with Luo P0.
Bleached again.
(My heads delicate now)

Used crazy colour pinkissmo and cyclamen mixed together for roots. And marshmallow for end. Looked beautiful while taking.

Then we rinsed (lent over a bath) and now I still have a base blend. But not into a pale pastel pink. It's quite bright. Which is cool. But bit of a shock!

Basically what I want to know is, how do you avoid it running over the pale ends and staining it?

Condition the ends before rinsing

I had the lighter pastel pink on the ends... Would the conditioner just sit on top of that colour?

Or in hindsight. Should we have done the roots, conditioned ends then gone all over with the pastel colour?

I think apply the base color to the root, conditioner to the ends, process, then add a little water, emulsify through the ends, then rinse with cool water. I bet you'd still get pale pink ends!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Yea you could have applied the pink to the root area and rinsed off and It would have stained the ends light pink, I used permanant when I did it and conditioned the ends of each section as I applied the root colour so when I rinsed off there was minimal staining

Cool. I will keep this in mind next time. Unless I find something else I MUST have! 😜

Yea you could have applied the pink to the root area and rinsed off and It would have stained the ends light pink, I used permanant when I did it and conditioned the ends of each section as I applied the root colour so when I rinsed off there was minimal staining

I really, really love yours! I loved that you kept it off the end. The contrast is what makes it, without that (no offense to anyone, just my opinion) it's not as special.

I really, really love yours! I loved that you kept it off the end. The contrast is what makes it, without that (no offense to anyone, just my opinion) it's not as special.

I completely agree. 😞it's most definitely not what I was after. But it's cool nonetheless. I LOVE the contrast. Damn my hair 😞

Aww fanks guys ;) I love the colour you've got mind it's sooo bright! I really think a tiny quick bleach bath just on the ends will work perfect tho

Try to use a different brand. Cyclamen grabs to everything. I use 1g with 50g of water to give one of my clients a soft pink rinse on base 8 hair and grabs in seconds. Try usuing lariche directions tulip or dark tulip and flamingo pink combined

Latest posts

Back