Pink Silk or Pink Acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try a pink silk or fibreglass for doing frenches, and up until just now I thought you could only get the pink as a silk. However, I've just realised that Nail Solutions do it as a fibreglass as well (originally tried to get the Salon System stuff but they seem to have discontinued it).
Could either pink users, or just general fibreglass and silk users tell me if they have a preference?
I've only used fibreglass so far although I do have some silk in my kit - is there a difference in ease of application or finish? As far as I know fibreglass is meant to be stronger?
Just wondered if anyone would recommend going one way or the other before I put an order in!
Lol x

Hi there!

As a Backscratchers tech, I use silk and fibreglass day in, day out, but I must admit I don't tend to play with the "pink" variety that often.

My advice to you would be that fibreglass, in my experience, is much better when used in conjunction with tip application. China silk, on the other hand, has always enabled me to produce far superior-looking, stronger natural nails wraps.

So I now follow that as a rule - fibreglass for extensions, china silk for natural nail wraps!

(PS - If I had to bite the bullet and buy one or the other I would buy china silk. Mainly because I do more natural nail wraps than extensions, and because fibreglass doesn't produce the same fabulous results when doing wraps.)

HTHs. xx

Thanks hun.
They have silk pre cut and fibreglass on a roll so may buy one of each. Out of interest, why does silk look better than fibreglass?
Also, I've never done natural nails with either, and I've always been slightly confused by using the term 'wrap'. When doing natural nails do you actually wrap the silk/fibreglass round the whole nail? Watched a tech the other day going fibreglass, they were onto natural nails but only infills, and she did them the same as what I would call the 'extension' technique. Presumably though was this just because she was doing an infill?
Thanks
Lol x

Latest posts

Back