Pink & White Backfills....help!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexy8712

Reaction score
i need some help on my backfills for pink & white acrylics. i curently use an e-file to drill out the smile line, but it never seems to be a crisp line that i am looking for. it is dfficult for me to get the white at a clean smile. Can anyone help!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

i need some help on my backfills for pink & white acrylics. i curently use an e-file to drill out the smile line, but it never seems to be a crisp line that i am looking for. it is dfficult for me to get the white at a clean smile. Can anyone help!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

what type of bit do you use.

if i use my e file to cut a new smile line i use a 2 week backfill bit.
i go all the way round the smile with it and then remove some of the old white, then i take a handfile and just tidy up the line for greater accuracy .

if you cant get it right that way , use a regular barrel bit and thin down the whole of the acrylic nail and reapply products on top.

i think the key to using an e-file to cut the line is to have a steady hand with steady pressure ....... and training when you buy the machine of course.

I use a long medium barrel for mine, as you can cover the whole free-edge at the same time, 2 week bits don't make much sense , as usually you take of the majority of the free-edge (which is more than 2 weeks growth)

There are quite a vids around giving demos , Vicky Peters, Young Nails, there's one on my site also Nail Zoo Video Page

But you can't beat a 1 to 1, to really understand how to do it.

The most amazing thing I have ever seen was Trang taking out the free-edge, it take him 2 secs and one movement to take the whole thing off, it was so quick, so efficient, but almost frightening to watch the speed.
In fact he was so quick, he did 2 models (in the same section) in a nail comp I judged

i think the key to using an e-file to cut the line is to have a steady hand with steady pressure ....... and training when you buy the machine of course.

I use a long medium barrel for mine, as you can cover the whole free-edge at the same time, 2 week bits don't make much sense , as usually you take of the majority of the free-edge (which is more than 2 weeks growth)

There are quite a vids around giving demos , Vicky Peters, Young Nails, there's one on my site also Nail Zoo Video Page

But you can't beat a 1 to 1, to really understand how to do it.

The most amazing thing I have ever seen was Trang taking out the free-edge, it take him 2 secs and one movement to take the whole thing off, it was so quick, so efficient, but almost frightening to watch the speed.
In fact he was so quick, he did 2 models (in the same section) in a nail comp I judged

oooh, id like to see how trang does his. what bit does he use, and does he use a different technique or is he just really well practiced to do it so quickly ?

Latest posts

Back