Pinky gold tone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawthornes26

Reaction score
I coloured my sisters hair with koleston perfect special blonde 12/96 40vol. She is a natural base 7/0-6/0. I left the colour for 45 minutes and it has come out gold with a hint of pink. I was hoping the colour would counteract any gold. She finds it too light and not keen on the tone. If I put a colour on to tone should I use 9/1 10vol? Or 9/01 color touch? Thanks

So 12/96 has a silvery pink tone and works best on a level 7 and above... And needs to be left for a minimum of 50 to 60 minutes - the last 10 minutes are when the highlift tones. You haven't left your highlift long enough.

What level is her hair now? /1 will only subdue the warmth - you need /8 to counteract. If a level 9, 9/16 and 8/81 in CT is lovely - just watch like a hawk. 9/8, 9/16 in KP with pastel is lovely too.

Thanks for your reply. It lifted brilliantly but left a goldie pink tone. It lifted to a base 12 I would say the tone was /36. I would be too nervous trying 9/16 ct just in case it came out more pink but definitely agree with 8/81 and 9/8 kp. I'll let you no how it goes. Thanks so much for your help

There is no such level as a 12. That is the number for highlift. What is the undertone? Is it pale yellow -9, or palest yellow - 10? Once you've got you're level you can tone accordingly,

Latest posts

Back