Pins & needles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brapip

Reaction score
I have been a nail tech for approx 9 years now and just recently I have been getting pins & needles or numbness in my finger tips, ESP thumbs. It's mainly on the pad of the finger and can occur at anytime.

Does anyone else get this? I'm thinking it could be the vibration from my e-file which might be needing an upgrade although never had trouble before now.

I have been a nail tech for 7 years and when I was pregnant 3 years ago I started getting it and my midwife told me it was due to the swelling and fluid etc. She told me it would go, I had a year off maternity and when I went back I noticed it happening again. I have been to the doctors and they said it wasn't carpal tunnel and down to my positioning! I have sat the same way all this time, and I only get it in the morning-weird! It's really annoying and gets really bad sometimes and I have to stop filling and put my arms down and give them a shake to get the blood back! I'm still no wiser to what caused it but I seem to have got used to it. I don't use an e drill, only to clean under the nail occasionally

Thank you at least I know it's not just me !!Xx

I get this I have something called raynards it's poor circulation you just have to keep hands warm ..but check it out with the doc as it could be carpal tunnel if it's raynards like me then the tips of the fingers get cold and go purple xx

Sounds like carpal tunnel I've had an op in both hands as it was so painful, numbing & pins & needles could hold even a pen at one point I would get to the docs and they can do tests etc! Xxx

Latest posts

Back