Platinum blonde/grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amelia Kayte

Reaction score
Who else is getting bored of every client wanting platinum blonde or grey ashy hair! Cause I sure am and I'm running out of hit inspiration any ideas? Muchly appreciated [emoji171]

I am! I said today i wish theyd feck off with this grey trend! Lol x

I've decided to just not to do grey anymore. I'd rather they went elsewhere than do it, I hate it!

Its a pain in the arse to get it, then it doesn't last and they complain even when you warned them [emoji107] x

Me too and i also hate on scalp bleaching think ill refuse it myself x

See I don't mind that, I got a gorgeous white blonde yesterday using only bleach with 10vol. (And 9.01 dia)

But the grey seems a waste of my time, and their money! x

I just need inspo to throw at clients to pull them away from this bloody grey haha, glad I'm not the only one. I have platinum blonde at the moment but can't change it cause ive got extensions I will be soon though ahah! We need to gather different ideas together!! [emoji139]

I love ombre, but thats a pain to do aswell unless they're already blonde [emoji23]

Just push the fact that its Summer, so warm carmamelly shades x

I like doing ombre aswell but that's starting to come to a stand still now like its last year we need something new hahha

Grey is driving my whole salon insane!! We just can't get "that" colour!!! We've tried every mix possible [emoji16][emoji42][emoji42]

I swear one of my friends (that I last agreed to do it on) tops hers up with one from *a highstreet shop* and its gorgeous. Its so annoying.

Grey is driving my whole salon insane!! We just can't get "that" colour!!! We've tried every mix possible [emoji16][emoji42][emoji42]
Wella have a new colour 7/89 in colour touch it's a gorgeous grey colour. 8/81 on dry hair is really nice if left on for half an hour also if you did a mix of 9/1 and 7/1 with /11 mix tone that's also a really nice grey

It's not that I can't make the colour or stop t fading cause like I say in grey and I use fudge purple shampoo and it keep it nice and grey I'm just bored of everyone having it like everyone of the stylist in the salon have had since I have and all the clients come in and say I want 'grey' and it's just like same thing over and over again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It's not that I can't make the colour or stop t fading cause like I say in grey and I use fudge purple shampoo and it keep it nice and grey I'm just bored of everyone having it like everyone of the stylist in the salon have had since I have and all the clients come in and say I want 'grey' and it's just like same thing over and over again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I think it's different for us cos we can always just get a toner shoved on at end of day before going home! No matter how much warning you give them about it fading they don't listen!

I think it's different for us cos we can always just get a toner shoved on at end of day before going home! No matter how much warning you give them about it fading they don't listen!

Yeah Exactly cos they dont want to pay for decent shampoo and conditioner half the time either!

It'll be autumn soon, so maybe rose golds and coppers! X

I'm starting to push for rose golds already I've just finished a colour which I'm tried to discretely do a bit with rose gold bits [emoji23]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468622137.228473.jpg

Wella have a new colour 7/89 in colour touch it's a gorgeous grey colour. 8/81 on dry hair is really nice if left on for half an hour also if you did a mix of 9/1 and 7/1 with /11 mix tone that's also a really nice grey
Ah I've not used 7/89!! I'm going to def give that a go next time!! Thank you!! I've had good results using 10/8 and a dash of 22/0 but getting it to hold is another story!! Rose golds are coming in massively for our salon already!!! HOPFULLY thats the change around colour from grey!! [emoji2][emoji2]

I'm loving rose golds I've just used 7/89 for the first time so I'll put a picture on afterwards of the before and after if you would like xxxx

This is 7/89 colour on the roots with bleach foils and chunky foils underneath of 8/81 then and the rest of the hair was pulled melted from 7/89 too 10/81. That's the last of grey I'm doing [emoji23][emoji23]

This is 7/89 colour on the roots with bleach foils and chunky foils underneath of 8/81 then and the rest of the hair was pulled melted from 7/89 too 10/81. That's the last of grey I'm doing [emoji23][emoji23]
Very nice indeed!! Works well!! [emoji106][emoji106] thanks for sharing!! Always nice to see others work and mix it up with your own! Xxx

Latest posts

Back