please advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befab

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope to complete my level 2 beauty therapy in december.I have done this by enrolling on individual courses at my local colleges rather then a full time course (family commitments). I hope to progress onto level 3 and would like to become a level 3 beauty therapist however i am not interested in doing massage and would just lile to concentrate on electrical facials and spa body treatments. So am i able to just study these two modules by again completeing individual courses or do i have to do massage as well.

would be gratefull if someone could advise me

many thanks

xx

I would be interested in this too..

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

in essex there are level 3 courses that cover mainly electrical, but they do include classic/sweedish massage & A&P. Gateways offer a spa course, body brushing, exfoliation and bodywraps, but i believe you have to have to A&p to be ab;le to do them?

hya,

thanks for the info, i think i might call habia and see what they say.Its just that i really dont want to do massage as i do not have any interest init but would love to just concentrate on electrical facial treatments.

thanks

x

I know if you don't want to do everything in level 3 you could finish at level 2 then do short courses in the treatments you want to learn. However that does work out to be quite expensive.

Hi to be honest most body treatments usually require you to have a basic massage and a & p qualification. What i will say though is although you say massage is of no interest to you, you may well find yourself being surprised. I hear from alot of people who complete massage as a means to an end and once they get started they get bitten by the massage bug. Not only that if you do go down a basic massage route then once you have it you can use just the bits you enjoy, incorporating more of it in to your facials, manicures etc to create something extra special.

thank you guys

good advice, i think i might do some short courses in level 3 then. Its just that in my local area there are no colleges that offer a level 3 course that covers all level 3 modules part time, they are full time courses and i cant do that as i have a 9 month old and a part time job as well.

xx

Latest posts

Back