Please give me critique help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitzybob

Reaction score
hi

i need your help
at the moment i seem to have very low self esteem about my work and ability!
i do not feel it is good enough and feel like throwing in the towel.
could someone please look at my photos and give me their honest opinion on them, i hve spent alot of time and money learning the trade but dont feel good enough.

thanks in advance
i want brutal honesty:D

I am not a nail geek so I cannot comment on how technically correct they are, but they look fine to me.
It depends which area you are struggling with really. If it is constructing the nails then concentrate on getting that right before learning any more nail art. If you are struggling with the nail art, then look on lots of albums for inspiration and practice.

hi thanks
it is the construction thats problem
thanks for your comments
:D

Hiya hunni

I just wanted to say big hugs, and don't give up! Your nails do look fine - are you using white tips or white powder? And are you using gel or L&P?
I have been close to giving up so many times over last year - in fact I did in November - sold all my equipment lol. But with determination we can get there. I just opened my salon on Friday, and I'm still unsure about a few things, but it's all a continuous learning curve.

What exactly is it that you are struggling with? xxx

Hi hun.

First of all don't give up LOL.... I have had a look at your nails, seems like you have the apex (a bit hard to se with the angles of the pics) and sidewalls right (they don't look like duck feets) What seems to be a problem for you is to get the product flush to the nail around cuticle and sidewall.

Try to go to CND.com and se their vids of finishing, or maybe NSI has something similar. If you don't get it right it'll lead to lifting.

Another thing is your smile lines, I can see you use white tips a lot, which is ok, but can be a problem when rebalance is time, as you don't get the practice of the smileline by hand. I would suggest to use some white tips with a not so deep smileline (you have chosen some very smiley ones, a bit tricky when being new) eg. Performance by CND and then with white powder, try to do the smile line. Or just loose the white tips and keep practising the smiles. CND does have smileline vids as well...

When doing color tips, I think it doesn't look so pretty when you use white tips under, try some clear well less tips, that way you can still follow the smilelines, and if the color is polish, then use natural well less tips.

Keep up the good work, there's no need to throw in the towel, it's not much work you need done, and if you really really struggle, then I suggest a 121 with an educator...

Hope this helped a bit???

Hi, I loved looking through your work, and i have just studied nails myself, i don't believe i am up to standard either, but this is because i am a really fussy beauty therapist.... so my non professional opinion from only viewing you pics is that you simply need to work on getting your nails at even lengths and your smile lines at even length compared to the finger... it does seem that your nails are a little bit thin too which may encourage easy breakage, but seriously, these are things that can be fixed so easily by drawing your attention to them.... remember ( as my teachers told me) being a good neil tech takes heaps and heaps of pratice, so don't give up KK xx :) ;)

Hiya hunni

I just wanted to say big hugs, and don't give up! Your nails do look fine - are you using white tips or white powder? And are you using gel or L&P?
I have been close to giving up so many times over last year - in fact I did in November - sold all my equipment lol. But with determination we can get there. I just opened my salon on Friday, and I'm still unsure about a few things, but it's all a continuous learning curve.

What exactly is it that you are struggling with? xxx

Hi cerries
thanks for your opinion and advice
I use both White tips and White powder although there is no photos of White powder ATM .
I feel like I am struggling with the construction of the nail not sure what to do it is my dream career and don't want to give up but also feel so frustrated as I don't feel I am acheiving what I should be.

Good luck with your salon very pleased you have got to where you want to be
jo x

Latest posts

Back