Please help-acrylic falling off after 4 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go
Copy and paste my little rhyme on your homecare slips
Good luck
Gilly x

Ode to Nail care

Remember your nails are jewels not tools,
They are easy to look after if you follow these rules.
to open a can of fizzy drink,
Just use a teaspoon to flick up the ring.
Get your husband or partner to do all the chores,
Or wear rubber gloves if he decides to ignore.
To give your enhancement the greatest of care,
Don't put anything on them you wouldn't put on your hair.
Cuticle oil should become your best mate,
You must use it daily to nourish and hydrate.
Finally remember to drive home with care
As admiring your nails could make you less aware.

Enjoy your enhancements

Here you go
Good luck
Gilly x

Ode to Nail care

Enjoy your enhancements
Thank you ☺

Hate those ppl.. Making our confidence melt away!! I once had a girl claiming her Nails got stuck in her hair when she washed it. Seriously!!!:confused:.

One might of, if I ever have any lifting when I run my fingers through my hair it catches and gets caught x

Here you go
Good luck
Gilly x

Ode to Nail care

Enjoy your enhancements
Lol love this

Here you go
Good luck
Gilly x

Ode to Nail care

Enjoy your enhancements

Exactly ! but said soooooo much better than I have been doing ! I love it ! Jewels not Tools is one of my favourite expressions !

One might of, if I ever have any lifting when I run my fingers through my hair it catches and gets caught x
Sure...LOL but not Ripping them off!!

Sure...LOL but not Ripping them off!!
aaand stuck in her hair as" the whole tips including hard gel sticking out as pins in her hair

aaand stuck in her hair as" the whole tips including hard gel sticking out as pins in her hair

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here? [emoji4]

I don't think it would be enough to pull it off unless there was severe lifting and the hair got entangled around it and the chances of her pulling them all off in her hair aren't great.
I wasn't saying that was what happened I said sometimes my hair gets tangled under any lifting I ever have...

I think that creating some aftercare sheets would be best, then the customers know how to care for their nails and know it will be their fault if anything goes wrong x

I think that creating some aftercare sheets would be best, then the customers know how to care for their nails and know it will be their fault if anything goes wrong x
I've just done that today ☺x

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here? [emoji4]

I don't think it would be enough to pull it off unless there was severe lifting and the hair got entangled around it and the chances of her pulling them all off in her hair aren't great.
I wasn't saying that was what happened I said sometimes my hair gets tangled under any lifting I ever have...
Yes i know what you mean, sometimes after 3/4 weeks I have that, but that girl was exaggerating obviously, tried to blame me. Its just not possible what she said and she had them just one week lol.:):)

Yes i know what you mean, sometimes after 3/4 weeks I have that, but that girl was exaggerating obviously, tried to blame me. Its just not possible what she said and she had them just one week lol.:):)
I hate it when they try to blame us [emoji17] x

If there's one phrase that boils my pi** it's " they just fell off"!! doesnt happen , end of, the use of the words "just fell off" tell you everything, if extensions were things that were merely balanced on the nail surface, then yes, they could "just fall off". They're not tho are they? Picker/fiddler alert! Onwards & upwards, the next two years will be a learning curve, one of the things you'll learn is nails don't "just fall off", not without help anyways! Chin up & try not to let it get to you.

Completely untrue... If you do not prep properly, cure properly, mix your ratios properly, or apply gel or acrylic properly extensions will absolutely pop off. There is a very obvious difference in the condition of a clients nail plate when they return with a nail that they have ripped, picked, or "helped" off vs. an enhancement that was incorrectly applied and has "popped off"

I would really make sure that you are prepping the nail really well and that there are no cuticles left on the natural nail. Lifting occurs when acrylic has touch the skin or if cuticle is left on the nailbed. it's easy to do your own nails and not have them lift because you are aware of your nails and how clean they are, when it comes to clients you are have to be a little more aware of their nails. You also have to be careful if the nailbed is really thin and brittle it is not going to be able to hold an acrylic nail you have to think of the nail like the foundation of the house if the foundation is cracked the home is going to move and not be solid and nail works the same way if the nailbed is thin and brittle it's going to flex under the enhancement causing the enhancement to lift or fall off all together, so I would check to see if the clients nails are brittle or thin and damage and then make sure you're really prepping well. What I always do is push the cuticles back and then buff the nail surface when you do that the cuticles will turn white from the dust and you'll be able to know exactly what to nip. do not "etch" the nail because that damages it which would also cause lifting if you're etching the nail plate you're tearing the foundation down

Thank you :) I know I've tried really hard,the only other case I had was when a lady who had really short bitten nails and I did pre warn her that they may ping of easy, I just feel like im doing really well then get a set back. I really enjoy doing it and im such a perfectionist that when I get complaints like this makes me feel awful xx
I hear you I'm a bit of a perfectionist too and I've even gone as far as charging them less if I don't feel their up to scratch. The best part is these clients have hung in there with me because they could see I cared enough to work it out for her. Don't get disheartened we can't please everyone a fact, so don't tale it personally and soldier on.

Latest posts

Back