Please help? Client shaved a hole on her natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIPTOP

Reaction score
Hi

Please can anyone offer me any advice?

My client has called me to say that she has shaved a hole on her little finger natural nail plate:eek: and she doesn't know what to do. I have asked her to make an appoinment at the doctors and to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected and its a no no to having enhancements put on, but can anyone give me any advice please

Sue :)

Last edited:
How'd she manage that? Has it gone right down to flesh?

Hiyah

I asked her this question too, as I do not see how she could mange it!!, apparently she was leaning her foot on the bath edge pulled up with her razor and it caught her nail.

Yes it is right to the flesh it is swollen, its made me cringe,

Sue

Corrr!! you're right not to touch it!! You can maybe do something once it's healed but she's just gonna have to leave it until it's calmed down. It'll be a clean cut so hopefully won't take too long to heal. Just normal first aid!

I can feel the pain of that just by talking about it!!! Hasn't she tried waxing? hehe!!

Hiyah

She is wanting me to silk sculpt over her hole in her nail, I have said no to this as I really do not want to cause more trauma.

I will be definately be buying her wax strips he he!!

Sue

ouch I've done this before too, only taken the surface off but it really hurts.

I found the best thing to make it heal quickly was keeping it clean and using plasters.

You did the right thing saying no too enhancements

I think you are right to leave it well alone until it has stopped bleeding etc. Then you can go ahead and overlay as long as you are scrupulously clean and scrub the nail with something like scrubfresh. If anything, the overlay would protect it whilst it grows out.

I had a client that snapped her thumb nail in half across the middle on the nail bed & it was mega painful & had bled. She came round and I cleaned the nail (it had an acrylic overlay on), asked her to open the crack as much as she could & cleaned in it with scrubfresh, then I used gel bond to glue the crack back up, once the scrubfresh had evaporated, followed by a thin layer of acrylic over & a light buff.
She had no problems with it, but it did look nasty when she came in - she did it by pulling on a tight pair of boots & her finger slipped off and the thumb dug into her arm! So she had a wound on her arm too!

I would like to point out that the thumb had no lift on it whatsoever, which made my job easier (not trapping any dried blood or bacteria under the acrylic.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back