Please help French Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracymileham

Reaction score
I done a set of shellac French and the tips came off why is this

Hi

When you say the tip came of do you mean the white peeled off? If that has happened it could be down to it been applied too thick. When I do a french I do two coats of white but do them extremley thin, and make sure the free edge is fully capped.

This happened to me on my first ever french shellac, luckily it was a practice on my mum, pheew!

I started from scratch again and made a concious effort to keep the white thin and cap the edge and voila, perfect, lasted for 3 weeks no problems at all :biggrin:

Give that a try!

HTH X

Hi.. I never apply 2 coats of white. I apply base, negligee, then cream puff as i find it goes on nicer on top of a colour, another coat of negligee depending if client wants the white not so showy, and top coat. But def check out Fingernailfixer vids on You Tube, she's excellant!

Hi.. I never apply 2 coats of white. I apply base, negligee, then cream puff as i find it goes on nicer on top of a colour, another coat of negligee depending if client wants the white not so showy, and top coat. But def check out Fingernailfixer vids on You Tube, she's excellant!

I too do exactly this and totally agree that the white goes on better if applied on top of a colour.
x

You'll note in Holly's video (Fingernailfixer) that she applies only one coat of cream puff on top of negligee.

I do this too, that way you can tidy up the white if you need to without disturbing the base coat.

Latest posts

Back