Please help! Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beas nails

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to gelish, and recently qualified.i just had a customer and I had so many probs that have never happened b4!! Here r her nails, she had acrylics done (badly) for months so her nail bed is badly messed up!
9e8asugy.jpg

I have done her nails before and they looked lovely after. Apart from the whole area around her nails is sooooo dry every tiny bit of colour I got on her stained!! And as she has short nails it is something I can't avoid, capping edges etc. what can I do?! It does wash off after a while but Iv tried removal, cleanse even gentle filing but still can't remove all the stains. I want her to go with them looking gorgeous not stained! i have strongly recommended cutical oil. This time I noticed each layer after being cured had shrank slightly away from the edges of her nails? I did thin layers and used the correct time on my led light? Please help feeling so down and my confidence is slowly shrinking! As well as my gel!!
gumahery.jpg

6ujy8ara.jpg
better quality pics

Her nails would be a good case for either the gelish structure gel or Vitagel, it will give you a smother surface to work on and will give her nails some extra strength while the damage grows out.

You can use the vitagel as a replacement for gelish basecoat, or if you try structure gel this can be applied over the top of gelish base just before your colour, this would also help with staining.

I know application can be difficult with damaged nails like these but you must try and be careful not to get any of the product on the surrounding skin, have a wooden cuticle pusher at hand to remove any product on the skin before curing, and make sure she is using plenty of nail oil, 3 times a day would be good :)

hi maybe it may be a good idea to just practice a bit more on the nail painting, it is more difficult on short nails that are dry and damaged but not getting it all over the skin and cuticle is really important for a nice end result, i'm sure you'll be fine and even though its hard try not to let it get to you not to let it knock your confidence. i'm the worlds worst with confidence but you gotta just keep going

Thank u so much for your replies was all really helpful. I def need more practice and know it'll take time it's just so stressful when doesn't go to plan! Is there any way to practice without using really people? Is there some sort of artificial hand I could practice on?!

hi i bought a nail trainer hand and you can practice with gel and acrylic on there too, but really i think its much better on real people, could you nt just practice on your mum or freinds maybe with normal polish so you can just wipe it off if you make a mistake you'll be surprised at how quickly you will come on. Nobody is perfect and we all have off days so dont let it get you down.

Just wanted to say thank you all for your advise, I have been practicing like a crazy person and can now do a set without getting any on the skin it's like something clicked, I'm so pleased n confidence has grown! Xxx

What colour of red is that...I've given up with Backstage Beauty because of shrinkage.

Hi There

Just had a brief look at your enlarged piccys.

Pic 1 looks like there was some staining on her nails, looks like from new denim jeans at a guess!

Also looks like there is still a bit of product on there that you could soak off or buff off depending on what it is GENTLY with your 180 harmony buffer.

Application: Slow it down and ensure there is not as much gelish on your brush, the side walls and cuticle area looks like it has been 'flooded' with too much on your brush during application.

Gelish is highly pigmented so you do not need to work thick to get your coverage...thin thin thin....the second coat WILL cover it.

If you are experiencing 'shrinking' have you tried 'lock curing'?

That is applying your gelish then a quick 'partial set/lock cure' in the lamp for 5 seconds or so to make sure that colour stays in place. You can 'lock cure' each nail on one hand one by one but then you MUST put it in for a FULL cure before you apply your second coat.

Initially in the beginning you will be (and should be :wink2:) slow...because you want that application SPOT ON ! A good even coverage with a tiny tiny gap by the side walls/cuticle area NOT touching the skin because this gives an un even finish and it WILL make the product lift.

Did you do your training with Catherine, i see you are in Berkshire? we all offer full back up support so any problems I am sure we can iron them out for you

:wink2:

Keep up the practise it WILL come!

Hope that helps xx

Latest posts

Back