Please help my research

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
Guys I need a little help from you.

As most of you are mum's can you please give me a snippet of info??

What do you wish they had invented for your children when they were young (babies/toddlers) / what did you find most helpful to you as a mum, e.g. books, items, gadgets?

What do you wish you could/can do with your children that isn't accessible to yourself, e.g. coffee mornings, toddler groups, activity sessions?

Your help would be massively appreciated xxxxxxxxx

An umberalls (for mum) which attatches the the handles of a buggy !

My children were very close in age.
When one had a sore throat, the other two followed.
I wanted to invent a cough drop attached to a stick like a lolipop.
That way they could sooth their sore throat w/out having to force yucky cough syrup.
Any way, it's probably been sold.
Are you inventing?

When my children were babies...i would love to have invented something that would tell me why they were crying!!!!!!!!!!.....

Failing that......i would have invented something so when they had runny nose....sore throat....it would vanish over night......could do with one of them now !!!!!!!!! xx

not inventing hun just gathering ideas!

i want to find out what makes mums tick. what they like/dislike.

what support they wished they'd had!

I think its hard having children now....money is soooo tight......if they give parents 2 years to get straight ...without the pressure of work or money....that would have been a god send when my children were little....even now it would help....xxx

There was one thing that I found helpful for me as a first time mum, it was the book that you got from the doctors (don't know if this is the kind of answer you need), very helpful in the fact that it just showed you things like how big your baby should be a certain stages of your pregnancy, labour options, how you'd be feeling after the birth, what your baby should be doing at xx months, how your relationship changes all that sort of thing.

The only gadget I bought (thinking it was going to be great) was a breast pump and it was a load of Pooo! lol so gave up on gadgets.

I would've liked to have been able to take the girls to baby swimming classes but as I had to get on a bus to go to our nearest leisure centre it was too much hassle to do, I don't know if they done them anyway lol but that would've been nice.

There was one thing that shouldv'e been invented for parents not babies but I can't share as one day it's going to make me millions :lol:

I agree hun and you know what really p's me off....

We both work hard, claim nothing and get absolutely f'all back from the government.

It's a catch 22, I can go back to work and put Emily in childcare but what it'll cost me to do that I may as well stay at home with her.

As I had twins and therefore a twin buggy it would have been useful if supermarket checkout aisles were all wide enough for me. Most only have one wide one. Also some shop doors were not wide enough unless they could both open. How can you hold two doors open and push a buggy through LOL.

There was one thing that I found helpful for me as a first time mum, it was the book that you got from the doctors (don't know if this is the kind of answer you need), very helpful in the fact that it just showed you things like how big your baby should be a certain stages of your pregnancy, labour options, how you'd be feeling after the birth, what your baby should be doing at xx months, how your relationship changes all that sort of thing.

The only gadget I bought (thinking it was going to be great) was a breast pump and it was a load of Pooo! lol so gave up on gadgets.

I would've liked to have been able to take the girls to baby swimming classes but as I had to get on a bus to go to our nearest leisure centre it was too much hassle to do, I don't know if they done them anyway lol but that would've been nice.

There was one thing that shouldv'e been invented for parents not babies but I can't share as one day it's going to make me millions :lol:

Ahhh go an!!! :)

Well I'm not going to make millions now!:cry: lol

That is the one thing that should be invented, how hard is it to push a pushchair/pram and hold an umbrella at the same time, they either veer off to the left or right!

As I had twins and therefore a twin buggy it would have been useful if supermarket checkout aisles were all wide enough for me. Most only have one wide one. Also some shop doors were not wide enough unless they could both open. How can you hold two doors open and push a buggy through LOL.

That is why they invented those ones where one child sits infront of the other. All I can say is, I'd hate to be the one sat at the back!

Well I'm not going to make millions now!:cry: lol

That is the one thing that should be invented, how hard is it to push a pushchair/pram and hold an umbrella at the same time, they either veer off to the left or right!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd love a hair or beauty salon (or both) that would look after my baby while I could have a treatment. But then again, having said that, I can't really afford either at the moment!

I love the Lindam Night and Day system which heats my baby's milk up in the night without me having to go down to the kitchen waking the whole house up! I don't even have to put the light on it's that easy and therefore baby goes straight back to sleep. I also have a lamp that fades out over fifteen minutes which is also a godsend when getting him to sleep. Basically anything that aids sleep is cool for new parents! x

I'd love a hair or beauty salon (or both) that would look after my baby while I could have a treatment. But then again, having said that, I can't really afford either at the moment!

I love the Lindam Night and Day system which heats my baby's milk up in the night without me having to go down to the kitchen waking the whole house up! I don't even have to put the light on it's that easy and therefore baby goes straight back to sleep. I also have a lamp that fades out over fifteen minutes which is also a godsend when getting him to sleep. Basically anything that aids sleep is cool for new parents! x

Thanks hun!

I notice you ar ein Yorkshire too!

Do you think Yorkshire is missing anything that other counties/villages have?

I agree hun and you know what really p's me off....

We both work hard, claim nothing and get absolutely f'all back from the government.

It's a catch 22, I can go back to work and put Emily in childcare but what it'll cost me to do that I may as well stay at home with her.

That's right hun.......not only that....you don't ant other people looking after your children....some people have no choice .....the tax credits are poo......you have them one year...then the next you don't because they say you have been overpaid :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .

Great thread by the way xxxxxxxx

becki, i always used to say to tom, i wish i could invent an umbrella that would attach to the pram, the thing would make you a millionaire overnight, what a godsend

the thing that saved me soooo much hassle and it was such a cheap and easy thing, but only found it with my 3rd child, wish id had them for the first two, were the clips on spring like leads for attaching dummies, books and toys ot the pram, so many time ive been out then realised we've lost the dummy or favourite teddy etc, with ashleigh we had 3 of these bright coloured straps for the pram on stretchy spring things with a hook attachment at the other end, , attach the toy or dummy and if they throw it away as they do, it just trails by the side of the pram, no more screaming the shop down lol

I think one thing that would make it easier for mums nationwide is if there were more baby changing facilities around the place, the ones I have been to in 5 and a bit years are all horrible, dirty and cold.

Also a good thing to have would be weights that you could slip onto the front of the buggy so that when you had shopping bags on the back and you let go of the buggy, it and the baby dont go flying backwards!

xxxxxx:hug:

like stampy, my bestus buy was the fade out light, it was great cos you could control how bright or how dull the light was, great for night time feeds cos you don't want the baby over stimulated, plus you could check up on them without waking them up.
we also used the fade button so it gradually gets darker and switched off over a 15 minute period.

I liked it so much that I bought all my friends one as they became mothers.

I wish I had trained in my baby massage BEFORE I had my son, he was about 6 months old when I did the training, so had got through the colicky stage.

Do you know what my big wish was for? A drive thru shop. Where you could pull up at the counter, tell them what you wanted, pay, drive to the next window and its there all packed and you don't have to leave the car. How often have you ran out of something and have to put baby in the car, drive to the shop, get back out, get the few things and have to get back in the car and then back in the house. Just to drive somewhere and not have to get out of the car would be brilliant.

fantastic , that was stylish too.

More flexable nursery care
most thing availble in our area from swim , toddle groups.

enjoyed the support with new baby from NCT, some love or hate it.

Latest posts

Back