Please help-Paraffin wax questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
Hi I've previously posted questions on this but don't get any answers at all but now I'm really stuck and could really do with some help :(

First use of my hive wax heater today, took 6hrs to melt!!
Then I turned it to warm as it says on the instructions and the top half went solid in 10mins. But the layer underneath is sooo hot.

Any advice?!
I really would appreciate some help xx

I use a paraffin wax bath and it takes hours to melt fully but once it is melted is perfect temp so maybe the wax heater you are using is more suited to depilatory wax. Sorry I cant help but hopefully someone will have a better idea.

Is it a 500cc or 1000cc pot or a proper paraffin one?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You need to stir it around. The seal where the wax sets at the top ends up keeping the heat in, so after a stir it should cool quite quickly. Hope that helps x

I have the hive bath, it deffo should not take 6 hours, mine takes 2 hours to melt fully. I never use the warm setting, I keep it on melt and then unplug it 5 mins before I need to apply. Yes it is hot but it's not too hot, paraffin has to be hot otherwise it solidifies!

Hi, thanks for the replies.
Yes it's the hive midi therm paraffin wax heater.
I tried again this morning, it's been on 3hrs and still hasn't fully melted.
Maybe it's a duff one :/

My midi takes about 3hrs from solid - liquid. But I am finding that just turning it down to warm is still far to hot on the skin.

I will try turning it fully off before I need to use it. I did break up the top layer of wax, but it didnt really do much to help cool the liquid down.

My wax isnt warm its boiling hot.

mine is too but once decanted into a bowl it is cooler

Sophie, do you use a ladel and a plastic bowl covered with tin foi ?l. I am thinking that a metal bowl would be a heat conductor.

Sophie, do you use a ladel and a plastic bowl covered with tin foi ?l. I am thinking that a metal bowl would be a heat conductor.

I am trying out disposable foil pie dishes and disposable paint brushes. Worked well today but can't get the temperature right. Either too hot are too thick and clumpy....try again on Sunday..

Hi Sophie,

Please let me know if you work out the best way of using this machine without scolding anyone.

Thanks, have a nice weekend

mine only takes half hour or so to melt?? not sure why everyones it taking so long? lets face it if you have a client first thing for a paraffin wax treatment you need it to melt quite quickly!!

I have a paraffin wax bath which does take at least an hour to melt.the other option is the paraffin wax in the spray gun. They only take 30-45 mins to melt and are more hygienic too. Although you do not get as good a cover as you do with a bath.

Hi I've previously posted questions on this but don't get any answers at all but now I'm really stuck and could really do with some help :(

First use of my hive wax heater today, took 6hrs to melt!!
Then I turned it to warm as it says on the instructions and the top half went solid in 10mins. But the layer underneath is sooo hot.

Any advice?!
I really would appreciate some help xx

Hi Jigglyb4ll,

I have also purchased this heater and it's taking ages to melt. Did you ever get this sorted, I'm not sure that mine isn't right and whether I need to return it.
Thanks

I have a paraffin wax bath which does take at least an hour to melt.the other option is the paraffin wax in the spray gun. They only take 30-45 mins to melt and are more hygienic too. Although you do not get as good a cover as you do with a bath.

Oo, this sounds interesting, not heard of using paraffin wax in a spray gun before. As a mobile tech, this could be the answer to my problems! How does it work re heating etc and doesn't the spray gun get clogged up? Thanks x

Latest posts

Back