Please help perming dissaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair bear

Reaction score
i recently did a root regrowth perm for a friend, i left the already permed ends out and covered them in conditioner and clipped them out the way. i didnt think i got any of the solution on the ends but fear that durring the rinse it has got on them and the ends are now straight. What did i do wrong ? and i dont think i should re perm the ends as i dont want to over process the hair. if i cut the ends off see will have an afro. should i offer her some compensation. I feel really guilty and have never had a disaster like this before . Help!

Hi, if you used root perming gel , this shouldnt have seeped through ,
I would ring up the manufactures and ask them why it could have happened ?

Anyways it will all need re doing at some point so......
I would buy a Loreal Accliam acid perm one for treated hair , these are very much a conditioning acid balanced perm and are really mild on the condition of the hair , but have amazing results

you need to do a couple of test curls first at the back of her head in the place where it is in the poorest condition ,
these perms are really good , and can make the poorest of hair look good again,

so if you get a decent result without any signs of damage
then you can go ahead and re perm it with the accliam and this should take away any straight frizz and make it look good again.

Always water wind it first,
also it's a good idea to sit and familiarlize yourself with the manufactures instructions ,
as they contain extra conditioning phials in the box ,

Sallys or Salons Direct have them ,

If you think there is any signs of damage wait a few weeks , keep conditioning it and then do another test curl
hth :hug: minky

Ps. another thing though bleached or blonde hair will almost certainly turn out like a straight firzz and breakage can occur so I wouldn't reccomend perming this type of hair at all .

Hi there, aw poor you, thats so weird how that happened, like above i would imagine if it was the gel root perm it wouldnt have leeked through and also like you said when you rinsed the hair it wouldn't of had time to grip to the ends and make it straight as you would of had a lot of really hot water rinsing it off it just wouldn't have time to seep in....i don't do many perms really, just the odd body perm but when i worked in a previous salon, my boss used to do this one lady and she used to use foil on the ends......she used to cut them up as little end papers but in foil and she used to say that will stop the prem getting on the ends, the client never complained and had it done a few times a year but if anyone has any insight on this let me know is it a better way to root perm??

Also, i'd like to know for myself, i had my hair permed (body) back in january but it didnt touch it just basically went frizzy for a bit and fell out, its ok now almost normal bit dry but thats probably due to colour, so i was wondering do you think it would be silly to try another body perm on it?I brought a wella perm, cant remember the name but it has -9 on it and says its for hair that has had peroxide 9% to use this, has anyone tried it????:hug:

Hi there, aw poor you, thats so weird how that happened, like above i would imagine if it was the gel root perm it wouldnt have leeked through and also like you said when you rinsed the hair it wouldn't of had time to grip to the ends and make it straight as you would of had a lot of really hot water rinsing it off it just wouldn't have time to seep in....i don't do many perms really, just the odd body perm but when i worked in a previous salon, my boss used to do this one lady and she used to use foil on the ends......she used to cut them up as little end papers but in foil and she used to say that will stop the prem getting on the ends, the client never complained and had it done a few times a year but if anyone has any insight on this let me know is it a better way to root perm??

Also, i'd like to know for myself, i had my hair permed (body) back in january but it didnt touch it just basically went frizzy for a bit and fell out, its ok now almost normal bit dry but thats probably due to colour, so i was wondering do you think it would be silly to try another body perm on it?I brought a wella perm, cant remember the name but it has -9 on it and says its for hair that has had peroxide 9% to use this, has anyone tried it????:hug:

Hi, I have used many perms over many years and I think that Loreal perms and Accliam acid balanced perms by zotos make the best most kindest conditioning perms,
I usually say that if the hair has not had any highlights or bleach on it and is not too heavily coloured or over processed , then you will get a really nice result ,

if your hair has been bleached anywhere or has had heavy colouring on it
eg... highlights in the past then dyed back over again ect... then I wouldn't reccomend having it done ,

but ... if you arn't sure you could always ask your hairdresser to put in a test curl or two for you
then you will be able to see exactly what you are going to get before you get it done
:hug: hth minky

Hi, if you used root perming gel , this shouldnt have seeped through ,
I would ring up the manufactures and ask them why it could have happened ?

Anyways it will all need re doing at some point so......
I would buy a Loreal Accliam acid perm one for treated hair , these are very much a conditioning acid balanced perm and are really mild on the condition of the hair , but have amazing results

you need to do a couple of test curls first at the back of her head in the place where it is in the poorest condition ,
these perms are really good , and can make the poorest of hair look good again,

so if you get a decent result without any signs of damage
then you can go ahead and re perm it with the accliam and this should take away any straight frizz and make it look good again.

Always water wind it first,
also it's a good idea to sit and familiarlize yourself with the manufactures instructions ,
as they contain extra conditioning phials in the box ,

Sallys or Salons Direct have them ,

If you think there is any signs of damage wait a few weeks , keep conditioning it and then do another test curl
hth :hug: minky

Ps. another thing though bleached or blonde hair will almost certainly turn out like a straight firzz and breakage can occur so I wouldn't reccomend perming this type of hair at all .
thankyou for the advice minky. you superstar , i know of the perm you speak of and will do a test curl x x x

Latest posts

Back