Please please help me..nail art courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAYVIARN

Reaction score
I have Written so many times and no one seems to be taking any notice of me.

I am a nail tech and am interested in learning more. I Particullay want to be tought the proper way of doing the nail art painting (the ones with acrylic paint pictured in the nail art gallery) i mostly see coulour blended flowers which i am eager to lern.

I have brought several dvd which are quit difficult to understand as they are not in English. I have seen some great art especially from the techs in Pureto Rico (im not saying they are the only ones that can do this type of art just that most pic in the art gallery are from the) i am welcoming anyone. I am willing to travel to do a 1/2 day course. I am visiting New York in August and would like to know if there is any body who uses this site who would be happy to assist me in finding a tutor / or nail tech in a salon, or at least point me in the rite dircetion. I don't think i'm asking to much i am just desperate to learn and this sort of art dose not exist in England. otherwise i would have found a course here.

The nail art we have here is so boring. Please please help me

Thanks in advance

God Bless

Bianca [
:):cry:

I cant help you about courses as I dont know whats out there but in a previous topic you posted a few Geeks made suggestions in answer to what you asked.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/69403-acrylic-paint-nails.html

You didn't answer so maybe you didn't see what they put for you perhaps. There are many very tallented Geeks here in the UK who do amazing nail art painted free hand, airbrushed and sculpted in 3d. Hopefully one of them can help.

It sometimes help if you fill your profile out a bit more so we can get to know you a little too. :hug:

(sorry Geeks if the needle seems to be stuck again :lol: )

I would say most of the nail art pictures in the gallery are from uk geeks....and there is nothing boring about them...:lol:

I think nail art is more about your own personal flare, yes techniques can be taught but to be able to put it all together and create something unique is a personal skill.

I am sure there must be somewhere that can offer you nail art courses in the uk.

Thanks for your advice i have edited my profile, i hope this helps. I have also read what the other techs said in relation to my previous question. I have seen the nail art on Nailsmag.com but i am unsure of how i can get the picture for you all to see what i am talking about,

Hi

Unfortunately I couldn't find in your profile which company you trained with. Why not contact the person who trained you, many companies/colleges do nail art, you learn the basics then use your creative flair from there.

HTH

Unfortunatly i closed my training school last year but i taught lots of nail art classes over the years and we have some real talented nail artists!

The lady who won "Nail Artist of the Year" (2 years running) is Kirsty Meakin. She is very well known on the comp circuit and wins nearly everything she enters. She teaches nail art but but is based up North if you can travel. She is really great fun Call her on 0777 9052922.

I know that Nail Creation do a nail art design course using coloured acrylic, also Eziflow also do a nail art design course, my nail art design course was with Anthony Buckley from Eziflow, I am sure most nail tech courses will have a design course that you could go on. As far as using paints I am not sure but you could ask any educator if they do that as well.:)

Nail art is definately personal choice and alot of people in this countrylike it to be understated but the people who love it are here to and you will find what you are looking for just dont give up looking

Thanks ladies for all the help.

As for my trainer the nail art she dose is not what i'm looking for (i can do it allready). I am great with nail art i would just like to do this particular type of painting pits called tole double painted flowers (where you double load the flat brush with acrylic paint)if you have a look in the nail art gallert on Nailsmag.com you will see what i am talking about. I am quite good with 3d, freehand sriral nails and many more. I am naturally creative and dont have to put much effort into it. Its just this painting technique i want to learn. It is not common where i am from in London in fact i have never seen in before, and dont know any colledges/anyone that teaches it here in London.

Thanks

why dont you try BeautyTech its like this site but the US version they may b able to help you more

Thanks i will check it out.:lol:

why don't you buy a flat brush and some acrylic paint?? lol
then you give it a go?
then you also can look up for step by step's?

you don't need much to master it, really!

I have brough donna dewberries pracice sheets and her paints i also have a flat brush and may dvd which are not in english. I would just like to be tought hands on by someone.

But it dose not seems like i am ever going to get that so i guess i will have to just keep on practising my way (which i know is not the correct way)

But that to all the ladies who replied every comment has been appriciated.

Good bless and keep up the good hard work.

Bianca:lol:

who decides what is correct and what ain't in ART?

you might be better finding an art school/hobby center that does this type of one stroke work, and then scaling it down to adapt it for nail art.

if you can find a store that stocks Donna dewberry or Jo Sonja paints maybe they also run classes also.

Susan Loasby offers 1-2-1 training in nail art.
Her geek name is Angel Fingers.

Hi,,
\You sound like you are very frustrated... breath.. then call the nails Mag. ( sorry name slipped my mind ) and ask them who did the art.... call them and see what they can do for you... Sounds funny but I used to paint Folk Art.. on wooden boards etc.. we used to paint double loaded flat brushes... why not look up some step by step Folk Art sites and then adapt it to nails... I have done it in the past.. worked ok.. but as you said I have not seen the mag so I am not 100% sure of what you saw

Hi Ladies

Just came back from hoilday, had a wonderful time and learnt sooooooooooooo much. I found a nail Tech in Bronx that helped me out alot. (Thank you so much CC)

Thanks to all who replied to me with their comments and suggestions it was very much appriciated.

To all who did'nt thank you and God Bless.

One Love

I know this gallery...

most of the sets have a crappy sttructure, sore skin, no smile.. boo.

Latest posts

Back