Please please please help me!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
:Scared:
i know this sounds mad, but hey!

i sculpted a lovley set of black glitter l&p stilletto's on my sister on sunday (see my web site for the fab pic! LOL!) anyway, for some really strange reason the l&p stayed soft on the form for about 10 minutes, and then would set properly. i have never experienced this before, it is so strange, i did them exactly how i normally do them, and after i did my sister-in-laws nails, and this didnt happen. it set normally on the nail bed just not the tips.:irked: this happened (as such) on my sister last time she had gel nails. even after cured the gel just seemed soft, like you could bend it in half, we tried curing for longer, but nothing! i really dont know why, but this has only happened twice and only to my sister. i know shes on epilim, but this wouldnt do that, and it wouldnt affect the tip, i mean it wasnt even touching the nail bed!

this has just stumped me, i have done nothing different, i have used the same ratio i normally would, the beads werent too wet (but then if that was the case it wouldnt explain the gel!) and it has only happened to my sis. they are fine now, and have set properly and are fab, but they just stayed soft for soo long!

hmm does anyone have clue whats going on??? I dont!

Please help me!!! im going mad trying to figure it out!

Normally the heat of the nail bed starts off the curing process of L/P. Tips on a form always take longer to set because there is no heat there. Ten minutes seems a long time unless it was VF21 in which case it Would take about that long.

If you were using gel, also on a normal form, (not a clear form) then the gel would not cure completely because of the form blocking out the UV from the underside of the nail. It would cure in time in the normal UV in the daylight.

i was using ons. i agree that the product takes longer on a cool form, but as u said not this long! and as i say ive never experienced it quite like this before!

with regards to the gel, i used normal forms, but when i took it off i got her to cure the underside of the nail.

cheers for the reply! :biggrin:

Well you've got me stumped now!!

Latest posts

Back