Polish Suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've got a mani booked and the client want a black polish with a bit of sparkle (possibly a crystal or two) added as well.

Can anyone recommend a lovely black polish or any nice sparkly bits that will look nice on a natural nail? This will make a nice change for me as it's only been french french and more french this far!

Thanks, Rebbie x

Creative do a black polish called Voodoo, they also have some lovely glitter polishes, they have the northern lights in silver and gold and also the new Christmas glitters in gold, silver and red, all with holographic sparkles in them xx

Thanks for your reply, yeah I was thinking of voodoo!! What are the glitter polishes like? Do they just go on over the voodoo for a shimmer or are they a bit denser? She isn't into lots of bling, just something to flatter her black dress. Many thanks if you can help. x

Voodoo is like black patent leather- the holiday bling colors are a transparent tint with color- a svilver, a gold, and a pink- if she is wearing black- I would put a bit of the pink tint on her tips over the black for a kind of french alternative, then put a few rhinestones on one cuticle on each hand-

they are VERY transparent- think colored cellophane with glitter...

995354.jpg
52d9_2.jpg

Love it Heather, thanks a million. I always like to check with people that have tried these products x

Hi, I'd recommend Voodoo then a top coat of silver or gold Northern lights, as its not over the top and has a subtle holographic glitter. When caught in certain lights the northern lights looks stunning.

Hi, I'd recommend Voodoo then a top coat of silver or gold Northern lights, as its not over the top and has a subtle holographic glitter. When caught in certain lights the northern lights looks stunning.

Thank you hun, I'm sold on the voodoo and I think I'll show her a couple of the glitters to let her choose one that will compliment her jewellery. The northern lights sounds lovely x

dont know if it's of any interest.... but the polish I used for my black stilletoes are cheapie polishes. I was on a hunt for 'ultra glitter' and wanted black asap for halloween so didn't order from my distributor.

the Sally Hansen glitter is ultra ultra ultra fine, the bottle looks like solid silver, there's so much glitter in it. It's no#62

And the black is "N.Y.C" (New York color)

hth's

I agree re using Voodoo, it's a fab colour... I applied 'Mother of Pearl' (#168) to a client tonight over a single colour overlay and it was lovely and sparkley but not too OTT, a nice shimmer when it caught the light :wink2:

Hi hun,voodoo is a georgeous colour,i find it looks best with just crystals or glitter top coat,both i find can make it look a little cluttered imo,hth x

Hi hun,voodoo is a georgeous colour,i find it looks best with just crystals or glitter top coat,both i find can make it look a little cluttered imo,hth x

Thanks for the advice, when I was sounding her out on the phone she said she wasn't a 'blinging' type girl and didn't want anything too over the top so I think one or the other will be best. I'm hoping to take a pic as I've not done anything other than french on a client. Any experimentation is saved for either me or the nail trainer usually.

Latest posts

Back