Polycolor acrylic paint help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Just started using this paint and I'm running into a bit of trouble when I cap it. Not sure how much water I need to use with it, as the paint is rather thick? Anyone know precisely what to do, please?

I find it's blurring and almost disappearing in places once I try to cap it, despite trying to allow a bit of drying time. I am using it as dry as I can, but it seems to need a bit of moisture to make it 'Spreadable!' I am fairly certain I read somewhere on here that I couldn't use it absolutely neat?

Any help would be much appreciated. :hug:

You need to use a little bit of water but not too much. For me it's enough to have my brush medium wet, rather than diluting the paint with water! Make sure you are loading your brush with enough paint!
Squeeze little out and top it up as it dries!

What are you capping it with?

Have a look at this

YouTube - Nail Art by Liliya Sereditskaya (2 colors on the brush)

Nail designer with a twist;)

You need to use a little bit of water but not too much. For me it's enough to have my brush medium wet, rather than diluting the paint with water! Make sure you are loading your brush with enough paint!

Have a look at this

that link is great:) where do you order 'poloycolor' from? thanks

Have a look at this

Hi and thanks. I usually just cap with a gel top coat and really float and not drag. I was having some bother with the silver paint which I was using with a striper to do a bit of outlining and then capping with l&p as per a Sam Biddle design.

I am finding I'm 'Losing' a lot of my lines and what's left is a bit blurred. I am not making the paint 'Wet,' so it's rather putting me off spending time on a design only to have my work somewhat ruined at the end for the sake of a bit of silver outlining. :irked:

I haven't had this trouble with other acrylic paints, but wanted to use these as they have such a good reputation. :grr:

that link is great:) where do you order 'poloycolor' from? thanks

I usually buy them when I am over in the Ukraine. But you can order them in the uk from astonishing nails I beleive!

Hi and thanks. I usually just cap with a gel top coat and really float and not drag. I was having some bother with the silver paint which I was using with a striper to do a bit of outlining and then capping with l&p as per a Sam Biddle design.

I am finding I'm 'Losing' a lot of my lines and what's left is a bit blurred. I am not making the paint 'Wet,' so it's rather putting me off spending time on a design only to have my work somewhat ruined at the end for the sake of a bit of silver outlining. :irked:

I haven't had this trouble with other acrylic paints, but wanted to use these as they have such a good reputation. :grr:

You might be using too much paint or applying it too thick! So it doesn't get a chance to dry properly!

Make sure you leave a tiny margin paint free around the edges for proper capping. Alternatively you can use Lumos top coat instead it holds everything for weeks!

I use silver calligraphy ink for outlining it's really great, super fine lines and dries quickly too. About £4 per bottle from hobby craft.

You might be using too much paint or applying it too thick! So it doesn't get a chance to dry properly!

Make sure you leave a tiny margin paint free around the edges for proper capping. Alternatively you can use Lumos top coat instead it holds everything for weeks!

I use silver calligraphy ink for outlining it's really great, super fine lines and dries quickly too. About £4 per bottle from hobby craft.

Thank you for your help. :) What sort of brush do you use with the calligraphy ink, please, and how do you clean it?

Thank you for your help. :) What sort of brush do you use with the calligraphy ink, please, and how do you clean it?

Kolinsky sable No 0000. Very thin. From hobby craft. It was about £7. Clean with warm water.

You are welcome.

Latest posts

Back