PopIts- where did they go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cheesecakes

Reaction score
pleeeeease someone help me here. i'm trained in beauty, nails and hair & loved the idea of offering clients PopIts when/if i ever open my own salon (i'm not in the industry at the mo). I trained with Geeg in PopIts and a few yrs on, I'm wanting to get my own nails done WITH PopIts. I called Sweet Squared today & they said CND don't do PopIts anymore :irked:

pls can everyone who knows anything in relation to the below pls advise:

1) i want to get my nails done with popits for holiday (leaving this sunday) and live in edgware, north-west london. where can i go. any techs out there nearby offering PopIts?

2) where can i get the CND PopIts? someone at sweet squared tole me NSI now did them, but are these the same ones

3) also, someone at sweet squared told me a guy called Martin John, winner at Excel this yr, is a distributor of PopIts. How do i get in touch with Martin John? anyone with contacts out there?

4) does anyone know of an product they believe to be identical to PopIts/give a very similar result? seen loads to "popits" on eBay but which ones immitate the CND ones best?

Don't know anything re where to get them, all I know is that they were never made by CND they were just distributed in the UK by Sweet Squared, would you not be happy to just have your nails done it the usual way?

i absolutely loved popits from the moment i saw what they were capable of. i was trained in this system by Geeg and very much saw the advantages over the 'manual' system, which i actually believe you need to be more of an artist to do- but art takes time and i haven't got that to wait as a client with my lifestyle + they'll grow out in 2 wks or so. To my observation of PopIts, a tech can quite easily achieve 10 identical, super-shiny nails with PopIts in a short time with a truly stunning c-curve. Whilst i believe that there may be hands that only the manual system may suit to achieve the best finish (for those hands), i have seen most people's hands seen look better with PopIts that using freehand sculpting. It's just my opinion and very much subjective to what i think looks beautiful. And like i said there are hands that defy this rule- i have seen that too

Having said that, i have known a vietnamese tech named Van who used to do my nails all the time back in 2001/2 and he had a super-steady hand and a real eye for detail. absolutely loads of people used to comment on my nails back then- it's the shape and consistency of shape in all 10 nails that made them stunning + i like long enhancements. i have been to a lot of techs before and after he went back to Vietnam- none have achieved that perfection in all 10 nails. PopIts are better than Van's work and even more consistent. I have seen that PopIts, for most hands, achieve a far superior finish and i just love them!

anyone out there that can do them for me? i live in northwest london (edgware, middx)

Last edited:
Do you do nails? Inverted is so easy to do yourself. The Edge make them and if you want a little video of how to send me your email and I'll attach it or look under utube stunner blonde invereted nails and you will find me there.

no i don't do my own nails. i have on the rare occasion in the past- but i'm not upto scratch and i want a perfect set to go away on hols with so i'd love to have them done by someone whose very accustomed to using PopIts

Hi If you just want them for yourself take a look on ebay as they have something equalivant to CND popitts. There not bad.
I've used them and reused them.

i have seen the Edge ones, but also read here that quality is no good? any reviews out there from techs using the edge dnfs/comparison with CND?

has anyone tried ordering from Yenis Abella recently? if so did you get the item? were these the ones CND distributed? i've been reading a bit about them on here and just went to the site, but unsure of whether someone has experienced them as the people you may not get a delivery from and pay money out to

What are they? Sorry for asking x

dual system nail forms- google it and you'll get the idea- basically a popit is a mould for the perfect c curve acrylic nail with a shiny finish- stick acrylic in mould & turn over onto nail, file to finish & you're done

Last edited:
hey have any techs out there tried ordering from Yenis Abella?

I LOVE POPITS!!!!!!!!

I use them all the time and totally agree with you 2cheesecakes, I love the look of a nail created using these and so do my clients. I nearly had a breakdown when I found out sweetsquared were discontinuing them, Ive brought tons of packs whilst I could and have not yet got to worry about finding some.

I have'nt ordered from Yanas Arbella but am a fan on their facebook after a geek (Wendy Malley) I think put me on to her. She said that she orders Popits from her and they are the ones from sweet squared.

Good luck in finding a tech in your area huni

xx

ok fab thanks so much for the info. Great to hear from other Popits fans out there. big hug & thanks again xxx

:hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back