Portable air conditioner recommendations wanted

Claire@OBNMK

Hubby is in the process of erecting my studio (log cabin)

I want a portable air conditioner for when we do have hot days it doesn't get too warm and my gel doesn't get too runny.

Can any one recommend an air conditioner
or
air cooler

Thanks xxx

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Hubby is in the process of erecting my studio (log cabin)

I want a portable air conditioner for when we do have hot days it doesn't get too warm and my gel doesn't get too runny.

Can any one recommend an air conditioner
or
air cooler

Thanks xxx
I've tried a regular fan which really wasnt great and was quite noisy. I'm beginning to think that the Dyson fans might be the answer. Although costly, they're meant to be very good and very quiet!

Vic x

Claire@OBNMK

I've tried a regular fan which really wasnt great and was quite noisy. I'm beginning to think that the Dyson fans might be the answer. Although costly, they're meant to be very good and very quiet!

Vic x
Cheers for that but I'm really after an air conditioner , I'll look into the dyson ones tho x

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Keep me informed. I hadn't really thought of a portable air con x

pinkthistle

Cheers for that but I'm really after an air conditioner , I'll look into the dyson ones tho x
If possible go for an installed one.. You can use them for heat and de humidifying too for not nuch more. I found my portable one bulky and loud whereas an installed one has the fan and motor etc outside. X

Claire@OBNMK

If possible go for an installed one.. You can use them for heat and de humidifying too for not nuch more. I found my portable one bulky and loud whereas an installed one has the fan and motor etc outside. X
How much was the installed one?

pinkthistle

How much was the installed one?
I'm spoiled, hubby installed one we had... My portable one was expensive though I can't remember how much.