Portable Daylight Lamp - which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovingyournails

Reaction score
Hi all

Am about to invest in a 'Daylight' Portable Lamp - I've looked at the Daylight Twist Lamp D33700 circa £40 which looks good, there is a non twist version, still by Daylight which looks exactly the same which is slightly cheaper (I presume it is an earlier model).

Any thoughts anyone? To twist or not to twist? I'd be interested to hear from anyone you uses either of these lamps or could recommend a different one.

Thanks a bunch geeks

Vicki
x

When I bought my lamp, the 'twist' version didn't exist, so I have the non-twisting model. The first one I had was white & the plastic really yellowed: it was all patchy & discoloured, not nice. My newer lamp is the same model but in black, & I've been very pleased with it - in fact, I'm pretty lost without it!

Hths. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thank you for responding, oooh I hadn't thought about the white one yellowing, what a good point!!!

I love this forum... much too much!!

Thanks again

Vicki
x:hug:

You're very welcome. Glad I could help. x

Am about to invest in a 'Daylight' Portable Lamp - I've looked at the Daylight Twist Lamp D33700 circa £40 which looks good, there is a non twist version, still by Daylight which looks exactly the same which is slightly cheaper (I presume it is an earlier model).

Any thoughts anyone? To twist or not to twist?

I have this exact same one which I only bought after about six months or so after struggling with a household lamp and I have to say I could kick myself for not investing in it sooner. Definitely go for the twist version - there are many times when you can only place the lamp in one place and the twist allows the greater flexibility. And then with pedicures I could not do without that twist. :wink2:

When I bought my lamp, the 'twist' version didn't exist, so I have the non-twisting model. The first one I had was white & the plastic really yellowed: it was all patchy & discoloured, not nice.

I wonder if the newer twist model is made from a better plastic or whether I have just not used mine long enough. It has been fab for mobile work and still looking pristine white after 6 months use. A black one does sound interesting though!

Thanks guys

It is so great to be able to get constructive advise - huge thanks (am ordering one now!!!) - now do I buy a spare bulb now or later (decisions decisions....)

Vicki
x:hug:

Not that I wish to 'jinx' my lamp, but I've not had to replace the bulb in either of mine, touch wood!! :)

And I haven't thought to have a spare bulb either. Fingers crossed here :)

Funny :lol: - fingers crossed you get at least another year out of your bulb!!!
Vicki
x

I've got the old style 'contact' one in white... if I were to replace it I'd get one that was in black and the 'twist'.
Although, having said that, I love the one I've got :D

All ordered and paid for - (I went for white/twist as that was what they had in stock) - hopefully it will turn up Monday - am excited!!!

Thanks geeks

Vicki
x:):):)

All ordered and paid for - (I went for white/twist as that was what they had in stock) - hopefully it will turn up Monday - am excited!!!

:) It will be interesting to see what you think about it once you have tried it out on clients. Have fun!

Thanks, I'll keep you posted Caroline
Vicki
x:)

Latest posts

Back