Portable manicure equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskatemurphy

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good portable manicure table, chair and light? I already have my Roo Salon storage as recommended by so many of you on here, I just need the big essentials now.

I've got this from The Range:

Buy the Camp Table 80x60 at The Range.

It's supposed to be a camp table but I find it works perfectly - only £14.99 and very light but sturdy and with it's own carry handle. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with this unless you particularly want a "real" mobile table.

Hi, thanks for this although I am looking for a 'real' mobile table.

hiya, if you are just staring out i would highly recommend you dont get a "real" manicure talbe. i had one before, they are bulky, expensive AND heavy. I have just got a fold up tv dinner table which i put a towel on and works great. imagine having to go do a manicure in a block of flats, having to carry this real table up the stairs PLUS your equipment. i have 2 foldable fishing stools also, one for me to sit on and the other if they are having their toes painted. i always sit them on their sofa for nails so dont take a chair for them. hths x

hiya, if you are just staring out i would highly recommend you dont get a "real" manicure talbe. i had one before, they are bulky, expensive AND heavy. I have just got a fold up tv dinner table which i put a towel on and works great. imagine having to go do a manicure in a block of flats, having to carry this real table up the stairs PLUS your equipment. i have 2 foldable fishing stools also, one for me to sit on and the other if they are having their toes painted. i always sit them on their sofa for nails so dont take a chair for them. hths x

I agree 100%! :biggrin:
I've bought three tables so far - a manicure stool/table, a portable manicure trolley and plastic tv tables and i'm still not happy! :mad: Think i'm going to try the camping table next!! :biggrin:

oh and the light i use is from asda direct...great little clip on led light! do not get one of those clip on light bulbs - just with the bulb because i burnt my neck on one of those and badly...was not nice when i went to bend down to paint toenails :( x

Great tip thanks Carly!
I'm really stuck as to what to do as I want a table that looks nice and professional but also lightweight and easy for me to carry seeing as will be carrying my chair and nail trolley as well.

I agree 100%! :biggrin:
I've bought three tables so far - a manicure stool/table, a portable manicure trolley and plastic tv tables and i'm still not happy! :mad: Think i'm going to try the camping table next!! :biggrin:

get a wooden tv table from ebay. thats what i did was like £10 or something. i find the plastic ones are too flimsey - i had one of those and was so wobbly! but the wooden one is sturdy :) works a treat. x

get a wooden tv table from ebay. thats what i did was like £10 or something. i find the plastic ones are too flimsey - i had one of those and was so wobbly! but the wooden one is sturdy :) works a treat. x

What pine/rosewood one? got one of those too. :eek:
I like lots of room to work and kept knocking stuff off. I'm just difficult to please! The best thing for me is an ironing board, but i don't think i'd get away with that!!:rolleyes:

Great tip thanks Carly!
I'm really stuck as to what to do as I want a table that looks nice and professional but also lightweight and easy for me to carry seeing as will be carrying my chair and nail trolley as well.

tbh would you care if a therapist came to you with a huge fantastic salon-looking manicure table or a little fold-up wooden table? I agree they are paying for professionalism but at the same time, I don't think they would think you would be less professional taking a fold-up lightweight table as they are not judging you on table, they are judging your standard of work and products. Some techs dont even take a table to their clients :)

What pine/rosewood one? got one of those too. :eek:
I like lots of room to work and kept knocking stuff off. I'm just difficult to please! The best thing for me is an ironing board, but i don't think i'd get away with that!!:rolleyes:

Oh right haha, deffo not ironing board, i just couldnt bring myself to ask anyone to get theirs out :) i think i should invent a lightweight one that fold up compactly and has chairs within it AND a pedicure stn - how well would that sell?!

I've got this from The Range:

Buy the Camp Table 80x60 at The Range.

It's supposed to be a camp table but I find it works perfectly - only £14.99 and very light but sturdy and with it's own carry handle. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with this unless you particularly want a "real" mobile table.

I think this looks just right for when starting out, and once you have your nice coloured towels/lamp/etc etc I think it would look great. I might get this for myself :)

You totally should! I'd be your first customer! lol xx

Elka I was looking at this one, how are you getting along with it, do you recommend it, is it not too heavy? Much appreciated as about to buy one!! Thanks Sylvia

I'm mobile and I've got that portable table from ebay - it is really heavy and cumbersome to lug around, especially with all the other stuff you need to take too - I don't like making several trips to the car to fetch stuff, I like to take it all in one go. At the moment I just use clients dining room tables (well covedred with protective plastic), and only take my table if the client does not have a table in the house, it's not ideal as it not very comfortable to work in the position. So I'm looking to get rid of it and get a camping style table which will be a lot lighter so I can actually use it. The portable Mani table may look 'more professional' but it is certainly not as 'mobile' as it should be - someone should definitely fill this gap in the market and make their fortune!

Latest posts

Back