Possibly a dumb question, client with broken shoulder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
Situation - I do a client and her daughters nails. I saw the daughter Sunday and she informed me her Mom has broken her shoulder (ouch!) Her Mom is booked in tomorrow and hasn't cancelled her appt. I've messaged her with no reply as yet. But my question is this - should I be doing her nails at all? Could it incur further damage to her shoulder or is it purely down to the client and whether she feels she can get through the appt?
I simply don't remember what was said in my training 7 years ago about this kind of thing fortunately for my clients hasn't come up before!

As long as you can both find a comfortable position then there shouldn't be a problem. I've done clients in wrist/arm plaster once we worked out there was no pain in her fingers, and as long as we kept the arm quite high on wadded up towels it went ok. Took longer as i was super cautious but the nails lasted for weeks as she wasn't using her hand! :p

Ha ha I can imagine! That's brilliant thank you so much Trinity, you've put my mind at rest. I always over worry about this kind of thing [emoji4]

I’ve also had clients in plaster, splints etc and a couple with joint problems.
I just ensure they are as comfortable as possible and tell them if they need a break (no pun intended!) or to swap hands etc then to let me know.
I always add a little extra time into their appointment

Latest posts

Back