post cards....any suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katkat2008

Reaction score
I i thought you geeks might be able to help me out!
(oh- and for some reason my caps lock isnt working lol - what the heck....

anyways, instead of doing pamphlet drops, i am going to make up some postcards. no prices on them or anything. do you guys have any suggestions what i should put on it? i want to pull new clients in :)

thanks you guys!@

ok, so I guess my caps works, but I just cant see the letter when I use it - weird!!!!

Maybe a '£5 off when presenting this postcard' offer? By the way, vistaprint are brilliant for their postcards. I did this offer valid for Jan only and my clients LOVED it! xx

yup - I love Vista Print!!! I am going to print a few myself until I can order some - a little low on cash right now - thank you xmas! lol

I did a 10$ off pedicure card once, and it was okay, maybe I should do that again - hmmmmm,

OR - do you guys think offering a half hour relaxxxxxxx massage with a full pedicure & manicure is a good incentive?

Is anyone else having probs while being on here with letters not showing up when you type?? I am not having the prob anywhere else

I did mine on Publisher.
shop flier.jpg

That looks great :) I dont have publisher on my mac, am going to play with my desktop (it crashed awhile ago) to see if I can get it to work properly to make some up :)

Thanks guys - keep the ideas coming...I love this site and all of you!

by the way Klassy Klaws is so clever!

yup -

OR - do you guys think offering a half hour relaxxxxxxx massage with a full pedicure & manicure is a good incentive?

If the aim of your postcards is to target clients who haven't been to you before, then I would go with the extra treatment free. ( I personally wouldn't make it last 30 mins though)

If it's for clients who have already used your services before then discounting is ok but generally for new clients you will always get a better ongoing response from added value offers (ie free x with y treatment) as opposed to discounts.

I don't know what your prices are like but certainly for us our manicures & pedicures cost the client a lot less than say a body massage or facial, therefore we very very rarely do offers on mans/peds. I would be inclined to offer a free (mini) back massage with a full facial, or a free mini facial with a full body massage. For the client it is high perceived value but doesn't cost that much to do the treatment.

You want to make your offer sound so good the client must just book in for it.

hth

Wow, those postcards are lovely! I've got publisher now but don't really know where to start. It looks so professional though ~ well done!

I think add ons are always a good idea and massages cost hardly anything to do xx

I think add ons are always a good idea and massages cost hardly anything to do xx

That's why we offer lots of massage freebies as incentives to get bums on seats :) Works a treat as clients usually re-book :)

hmmm...good ideas!

Our pedis and massages(1hr) cost exxxactly the same. BUT - massages hardly use any products. Our pedis take 1 1/2 hrs. I thought massage because for some reason here massage and pedis are the two big things people want for some reason.

I guess I could offer a free mini mani, but I just notice that I am so picky I honestly never end up giving a mini mani and it takes me so much longer than half an hour lol

hm...facials, I dont want to offer those at all - as only some girls do them. I want to offer what everyone does so everyone benefits.

Do you guys think a free half hour massage or a mani would bring more people in? I was thinking if I did the half hour massage with a pedi, maybe it would bring in more men....

which is my next question. I would love to get more men in. Do you think having two or three different offers on a card is too much? For example...

Calling new clients....
Bring this card in and receive your choice of...
1. A FREE half hour massage with a full pedicure & manicure - this would cost the client a little more to get that free massage - good idea or would you just say with a full pedi?!?!?
2. Bring in your spouse or a friend and get two full pedicures for $xxx (maybe saving them 10%
3.; Have a day of relaxation! Come in to get a pedicure, mani, massage & facial for $xxxx (savings of 10%) , even better bring in a friend and enjjjoy the day of relaxation together for $xxxx (savings of 15%)

How does that sound? Sorry if anything looks confusing, still having probs with letters not showing up when I type so Im not sure if I am missing any letters/symbols!

oh - and pedis are my specialty so I like to push those because when people come in they LOVE them! Massage too - but I dont like doing them as much lol

I always offer 10% off nail enhancements or waxing with my postcards,
klassy claws the one you have made up is lovely
but i have compared what it would cost me to do my own and print them and it works out cheaper to do them through vista print hth :hug:

If pedis are your speciality then go with that. If you don't enjoy doing massage then that would probably come across to the client, so I wouldn't bother (I don't like doing feet so that has NEVER been one of my promoted treatments lol)

Personally, for the offers I would go for the biggie: 3.; Have a day of relaxation! Come in to get a pedicure, mani, massage & facial for $xxxx (savings of 10%) , even better bring in a friend and enjjjoy the day of relaxation together for $xxxx (savings of 15%) but give a better incentive than 10% off. Your offer needs to be so irresistible that clients can't possibly refuse. In my experience 10% is not good enough. Call it something like the 'Indulge Me Package'

Instead, work out your minimum hourly rate, work out how long those treatments will take to do, then charge that amount pro rata. That's what I've been doing more recently, instead of discounting as such and we are sooooo busy (even though it's February). Clients just luuurve the fact they're getting an incredible deal.

hm, so instead of saying 10 or 15% off....would you say $40 off (or whatever it comes to?)

Two for one always sounds great - but its not great for me lol - its a little too nice of an offer. Hmmmm....what about saying...

The Ultimate Package Special!!! Enjoy an hour massage, spa manicure, foot fetish pedicure and receive a free 15 minute foot massage with your pedicure for $xxxx (whatever the regular price would be but with a free foot massage).
Bring in a friend and can share in your day of relaxation and you will both receive a FREE half hour foot massage!

Does that sound better?

Latest posts

Back