Post Client Wobbles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I dont do many full sets - maybe one a week. I get myself all worked up before they come and then when theyve left I think about all the things I could have done better and worry that they'll break one straight away. It takes about 24hrs for me to calm down and stop worrying.

I just had a lady in for a set of enhancements. I did a set of sculpts using white and clear in 2 hours, they looked OK when she left but she was hard to fit forms to, had really wide flat nails and one or two which were fan shaped. She was really pleased and wants to re book once shes got her workschedule for the next few weeks.

I cant help it, must be adrenaline but I always get like this. Does anyone else go all wobbly like me or am I the only one?

I do as well, the (very rare) client is thrilled with her nails and Im like, hmm yes. I think its because we dont have enough clients and therefore are too sensistive ie, if you see one spider a week then its scarey but if you see them regularly you get desensitised a bit. Although 1) Im not scared of spiders 2) lots of spiders are definately more scarey than 1 (I am actually a little worried when there are lots of spiders) and 3) clients are not really like spiders (well most of them anyway) So in fact it was an utterly rubbish analogy and Im sorry (to clients, spiders and geeks) but I do understand how you feel (although after reading this you might not be that comforted by that!) xx

Yea I always seem to get nervous when I have to do extensions!! I am fine when they ask me for manicure or pedicure but when they ask for extensions I get all worked up about it and get worried! I feel nervous once applying tips etc but then when I get in the swing of it I am fine! I think what am I worried for?! lol Sure you will be ok hun! xx

I think it's just a learning curve to becoming a good nail tech. Eventually you will trust your application and your product to know that when the client leaves you any problems that they incur are 99% down to their lack of after care ... just ocasionally you may have a bad day and it's down to you!

Aviva, youve cheered me up already, thats the funniest reply to a thread I've had - thank you!

Laughing aside, I do think its got alot to do with the amount of clients I have. I think if you were in a salon and had one appointment after the other every day, you'd be confident fairly quickly.

As it is I've got too much time time to think about it pre and post client.

Hopefully when I get more time and do more clients this feeling will lessen.

PS I find it completely amazing that ittle old me with my wobbly tummy can be comforted by someone in Israel, how cool is this site!

I'm still training but doing a set on a friend from work on wednesday night. I get really worried too. The main thing I worry about is if client is happy with the end result and if they stay on!!!!!
Once I get going I seem to be ok. It seems to be before doing them and after I get worried.lol

its all part of the learning curve.....i was terrible when i first started out, i would shake that much i could barely hold the file! and it was sooooo obvious that i was nervous cos my voice would go all shaky aswell!!!

xx

im the same too - although im getting better now as i become more confident in my work. xx

Latest posts

Back