Post tan maintenance..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I am looking for a range of post tan products that have a high SPF in them..
I want to stock them, and i am concerned that a number of my tan clients think that because they are brown they do not need to consider sunscreen.. I would like to get some that have a range of face and body moisturisers, perhaps one with a tanning agent in the face one, as i find that the face and hands are always the first to fade..
working from home i never needed to stock a range, but i think it would be a good thing to do if and when my client list increases..

So my question is what do you use, stock, recommend and why.. or perhaps you know of a range you can link me to, to have a look at..

thanks for your time.

Hiya, I'm a Fake Bake Spray Tanner, and can confirm that none of Fake Bake's products contain any SPF. Good luck in your hunt - I reckon a Tan Enhancing Lotion or Tan Extender with SPF for holiday use would be great, and I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if any are recommended x

I find it amazing that this thread has not taken off.. there are so many tanners out there, so are we simply tanning and sending them off... knowing full well (as i do) that most have a false sense of security in their new colour??
Surely there are some companies that do have after care products that contain spf+ in them..
Thanks sunspray for your input into this thread.. Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer, and some fatal.. i think its important that we protect our clients.. i give them the information.. and HIGHLY reccommend SPF30 for face and body, but it would be nice to have something to offer them.. something containing an extender that wont turn them orange, like the nasty retail items on the shelves at the supermarkets..

hope more people can help out..

This is a really good point to bring up Chel. As you know I've just taken an interest in spray tanning. Last week I emailed about 20 different companies about information on there products and for samples. Out of that I have heard back from ten, and I haven't seen any SPF products. I seems a bit silly that companies are selling sunless tanning, but sunscreen isn't a retail product.

OK found one
Tanline Invisible Shield
I'll let you know if I come across any others. I'm waiting on some product info from a couple of places.

Last edited:
I use Couture tanning products and the clients love them. The after tan products retail well too.

Latest posts

Back